Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My question is, i have a 2003 F250, most of the issues i have already taken care of. But now it has a rough idle blows out black smoke when your on the gas and when you just drive. Its shooting out an EGR code, i have replace the EGR valve, clean the mass flow air sensor and it still shoots out smoke. Would anyone have an idea what it may be? :ford:

·
Registered
71 Posts
How is the truck when you start it up, does it take more time and effort from your starter than usual?

Sent from my iPhone using AG Free

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It starts up no problem, starts like it always does. It sill puts out the code P0401 EGR FLW INS DET. I dont have the book to tell me what it means, i just been trying to find it via internet.

The truck has about 95,000 miles, i havent cleand the trubo, is that something i should do?

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Try cleaning your ebp sensor and tube that may help some. The egr flow code can be caused by a number of sensors that are compared by the pcm to determin how the tuck is breathing so to speak. It compares intake air buy the maff;iat both of em and map and baro readings. It then compares the ebp reading [the engine exhale]. Any of those sensors are out of range can cause the egr flow code to be thrown.

The turbo not working correctly can also throw the code since it affects airflow to the engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts