Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I just put on a 2.5 leveling kit up from and an F350 block in the rear. I did put a trac bar relocation bracket up front, it mounted on the axle side. I havent had it alligned yet but will soon, and I still have the stock shocks, but will be upgrading to bilstiens soon. My question is when I drive at any speed and hit a bump... say on pass. side front wheel, it pulls my wheel that way much harder than normal. Is this type of thing normal with suck a small lift? What could be causing it? Could it be something in the steering linkage? Or will aligning it fix the prob?

Any suggestions or personal experience welcome!!
Thanks!

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Do you have a good steering stabilizer?

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stock... decently new... I didn't put bigger tires on, just the lift. I dont THINK it is the stab. but I could be wrong?!

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
stock... decently new... I didn't put bigger tires on, just the lift. I dont THINK it is the stab. but I could be wrong?!
Well I know I have massive bump steer, and it's because there is NO stabilizer. You can get a dual kit for it if just the one isn't cutting it, [email protected] can probably get you one. They make 'em for non OEM equipped trucks, come with mounting hardware and everything. I need to get one, but a single.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my tires are still stock size though... If i need a dual stabilizer with stock tires ill need a quad with 37"s!! I'm wondering if it isnt my tie rods? Or something to that nature.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok... I have a better explanation to my problem... like i said 2.5 leaf packs in from, w/ trac bar bracket on the axle, same shocks, f350 block in back, same shocks(for now)...

When i hit a bump a the nose dips down the wheel pulls right, and when the nose comes up the wheel pulls left... why??? the wheel doesnt bump... it pulls. the more movement, the more pull!

could it be the shocks? What size shocks do i buy btw? I want bilsteins! I also havent had it alligned yet, i wanna retorque the bolts again, but could it be that?

any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Wow. Yeah that's not bumpsteer. That's weird. It's got to be something out of adjustment, something not reaching so it's pulling the wheel back in. Maybe an alignment, maybe it is your tie rods. beyond me but could they not be long enough now? :dunno::dunno:

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wow. Yeah that's not bumpsteer. That's weird. It's got to be something out of adjustment, something not reaching so it's pulling the wheel back in. Maybe an alignment, maybe it is your tie rods. beyond me but could they not be long enough now? :dunno::dunno:
i was thinkin the same thing about the tie rods.... but i have never heard of anyone replacein them w/ a leveling kit... or a new pitman arm w/ a leveling kit... i dunno maybe this is just normal!?

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
i was thinkin the same thing about the tie rods.... but i have never heard of anyone replacein them w/ a leveling kit... or a new pitman arm w/ a leveling kit... i dunno maybe this is just normal!?
Beat's me, sorry... I'd say do all you can to search through this place. LOTS of people have leveling kits. Just search leveling kit and start reading, see if anyone has had a similar problem that's what I'd do.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
try alignment first.... also was the trac bar part of the kit or did you buy it serperate? could the drop on the bracket be too long?
alignment is happening friday mornin... ya i did buy separate... for every inch in lift should there be inch of spacing on the bracket? the bracket was for the same exact size spring packs... i hand measured myself... twice ha ha.

do you think that could be my prob though... mixing parts??

also since you are involved Raul... what size bilsties do i need?? and do you sell them??

·
Premium Member
20,358 Posts
alignment is happening friday mornin... ya i did buy separate... for every inch in lift should there be inch of spacing on the bracket? the bracket was for the same exact size spring packs... i hand measured myself... twice ha ha.

do you think that could be my prob though... mixing parts??

also since you are involved Raul... what size bilsties do i need?? and do you sell them??
yah i sell them... they are generally around 90 bucks each or so... but with only a 2.5" lift you might have to go with the ugly yellow ones :( ill double check tomorrow and see if its available in teh zinc... send me a PM so i remember in the morning

-Raul

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ill pm ya tomorrow... yuck... i hope the zinc ones will fit... if not would i just get the f350 shock, or are they the same as the 250? i have the cheap yellow monroe one there now... they are new but cheap... do i need to replace them with the lift?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts