Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im just seeing what aftermarket bumpers out their people would recomend for the best protection against animals on the road. im asking so this doesnt happen again. i hit a small elk going about 60mph.

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ranchhands are the stoutest in my opinion I had their legend winch mount front bumper on my old truck...dodge 3500 the only thing that disapointed me was their welding it is definitely not top notch (on my particular bumper) Im in the same boat your in..im wanting a bumper for my 250 but i think that their all over priced (just my .02) im very seriously thinking about just building one. Best of luck on what ever you decide on

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i like the ranch hands but dont think the brush guard tubing it big enough and would be destroyed if i hit another elk. i now live in Rifle Colorado and you always see deer and elk in the road.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yea I cant imagine hitn one of them lol. All we got down here is whitetail and they do enough damage let alone a elk I really cant think of any brand that makes anything stronger. Your best bet may be to custom build one it would be exactly like you want and alot cheaper

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya i like that bumper. ive also looked at the iron bull bumpers

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
I think this would do the job and I think it is built better than the Iron Bull.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya that would be the perfect bumper only if I could afford it. But if it save the truck its probably worth it. That small elk I hit did 12k worth of damage thank god for insurance lol

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
+1 for the Road Armor but price is a bit high. After shipping, removing the logo, linex and adding lights it was about $3500.

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
+1 for the Road Armor but price is a bit high. After shipping, removing the logo, linex and adding lights it was about $3500.

Well worth the investment when you meet that moose at 60mph.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No my insurance considered it 45% destroyed and anything under 50% they fix. So they are paying for $12000 in repairs

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts