Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am mad. I found my dream oil supplier BUT I can not get it. So a friend of a friend owns a restaurant about 40 miles from my house. He uses about 50 gal a week in oil and he said I can have as much as I want free! Sounds sweet right!?!? Well they use a company called RTI that installs this vacuum system to suck the oil out of the fryers and put it in to a storage tank out back. Then new fresh oil is pushed back in the fryers with out having to do anything but push a button. So the storage tank out back has only one hole on it, just a special valve thing that they use to get the oil out of the tank. So now I am still looking :(

·
Registered
435 Posts
Take A pick of the special valve thing, post it, the mating end may be available.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Probably just a standard disconnect. You don't see too much proprietary stuff in the world of waste oil security.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I thought about that but then thought about it a little more…. I read these articles about people getting busted for steeling oil out of the dumpster and that is pretty much what I am doing even tho the owner said go for it. Its not worth a big fine or jail time! Since this place does not even touch the oil its not like they can empty their bucket into my barrel rather then the grease guys barrel. O well gotta keep looking.

·
Premium Member
9,097 Posts
I agree... the "special valve thing" has to have a corresponding coupler, or no one could ever get the oil out of the tank. Might take a little searching and cost a few bucks, to get one, but that's something you gotta compare to the benefit of getting the free vegi.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts