Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys. New to the site and have a question about the bully dog gt. I got it from my brother in law before he traded his truck in. Now it's locked. I know I need to pay $100 to bully dog to reset it but I don't want to wait until monday for them to open. Any bully dog rep or anyone else here that can do it on a sunday?

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Sell the bullydog to someone and buy a sct with custome tunes best advice and others will say something similar.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
You may want to ask on the dodge forum, more popular over there. When you get it fixed, give the tranny time to relearn and at least have a shot at living. Also, I never had one but remember reading that the max effort setting would pop headgaskets, they had the reputation of going for all out power.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll start in the cummins forum then. This was free so I figure I'd use it to monitor the temps. I'm comfortable with leaving it stock. Really wanting to monitor the EOT and ECT. I'm thinking I might have a bad head gasket. I've already done the EGR delete and ARP studs but now I'm getting a little coolant around my degas cap. It's not puking but leaving a few drops of coolant every once in a while. Going to build the T and see what my pressure is doing today. I'm hoping for no negative results. Thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
If your only using it as a monitor then great. The bullydog from everything I have heard does not do well on these trucks. But would be a good monitor.

·
Registered
16 Posts
If your only using it as a monitor you have no need to unlock the bullydog. And if its the diesel gt its now 400$ to reset it. (picked one up for my dad cheap... he has a dodge) sct is a much better tuner if thats what you want.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts