Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have seen a couple threads about this on other boards, but no solutions...I have a 2007 6.0, studs, BPD EGG and air-oil cooler. About 400 miles after the bulletproof work, it developed a whine...much like a PS pump (a BIG PS pump) low on oil. Noise is there at idle and through RPMs until it gets lost in other engine/drivetrain sounds. Noise is NEVER there until engine has been run for a bit--5 to 10 minutes. Hear loudest in cab, some say they can hear it outside the engine compartment...I cannot.
Have chased turbo pipes, PS pump and related, and more. There is a vibration in the oil lines, but cannot find anywhere it is touching a part that could set this up.
It is annoying enough that I would not have done the BPD oil cooler if I had known...is this something I just have to live with?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, my shop did. was told they had heard of this...just make sure oil lines are not touching...which they are not...no other real solutions though. was hoping for some special wisdom I guess :)

forgot to mention that this noise is NEVER there until the engine has been run for a bit...maybe 5-10 minutes. Then it is always there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.