Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I got a 05 6.0.. Looking at solution kits and was wondering which was the best bang for the buck.. I am getting coolant blowing from degas and I dont have heat unless Im on the throttle good.. Plus Im overheating like a SOB when at idle.. figure its about time.. Planning on bulletproofing and shaving the heads for added comfort.. want to do everything I can to get it right. I got an SCT with custom tunes.. Do they need changed once its good to go? Help me out here guys.. What is needed to keep this beast alive... I got 136000 miles and I know thats nothing for these trucks! Any thoughts are greatly appreciated! Thanks again fellas.. Happy Truckin!

·
Registered
166 Posts
I dont think they make a "bulletproofing" kit that doesnt have black onyx gaskets i would stay away from them and go with factory ford gaskets and arp studs. i found out the hard way that the black onyx are junk mine blew after 5k miles. You would probly be money ahead buying factory gaskets and peicing the kits together. Im sure someone knows a good place to get the parts

·
Premium Member
20,351 Posts
DO NOT get a kit... They are over priced and have many things you will not end up using if you wanna get it done right!

Do you have a monitor/gauges to see your oil, coolant, exhaust temps?
Ficm voltage, Fuel pressure??

That is where I would start.
Most likely you have a blown EGR cooler (and with overheating probably HG too)
I would get ARP studs, OEM HG, OEM oil cooler, IPR EGR delete, STC fitting, dummy plugs, Standpipes.

I would get everything from Mike R @ Toulsey Ford except for the studs and the EGR delete... delete from IPR and studs wherever you can get them now!

·
Registered
365 Posts
now when wanting to do a 15000$ bulletproofing mod, where do you get all the parts so that this motor will never have to be touched again, and be more reliable then a cummins

·
Registered
293 Posts
i recently purchased upgraded parts for my 05 ex from tousley rather than from bpd and saved almost 200. these were the parts that were advertised on bpd as upgraded parts, etc...waaaay cheaper. that basically saved me enough to get something else from riff raff

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
now when wanting to do a 15000$ bulletproofing mod, where do you get all the parts so that this motor will never have to be touched again, and be more reliable then a cummins
Now if your wanting to get into the motor for upgrades like the bottoms end you better have more than 15,000… upgraded connecting rods alone are $3800 from RCD

·
Registered
570 Posts
What BPD parts? their EGR cooler and FICM are not the same as the "upgraded" Ford parts, and the upgraded oil cooler cools less, but doesn't clog as easily, a poor tradeoff .

·
Registered
293 Posts
What BPD parts? their EGR cooler and FICM are not the same as the "upgraded" Ford parts, and the upgraded oil cooler cools less, but doesn't clog as easily, a poor tradeoff .
I was referring to parts like stand pipes/dummy plugs...bpd around 150 tousley ford 102.00. oil pressure sender bpd...30.00 tousley 20.00 stuff like that not the oil cooler and egr cooler those are bpd specific.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts