Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

121 - 140 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Outstanding write up. I just ordered the BPD HD deep oil cooler with stock filter option. Should arrive Saturday, looking forward to getting it installed with the snow plow OEM fan clutch, new csf 6028 intercooler, riffraff billet wheel/Barder '03 turbo rebuild kit.

Reactions: ZMANN

·
War is the answer!
5,398 Posts
Beautiful write-up. I'm sure they are happy with you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Question!!!! I am getting ready to do my EGR delete. Apparently BPD is no longer selling the kit. I would like to use them but if I can't get the BPD kit is Sinister a decent option? Also, while I am in there, should I do my Head Studs, etc? Not sure if the 05 has the studs issue but seems to come up a lot and thought if I am that deep into the motor I may as well do it? ANY information would be so appreciated. AWESOME write up btw.

·
Premium Member
1,697 Posts
why do people here want users to create new threads. If the content is related/ the same as the original post or conversation why not keep it going? Every forum is different with this.

·
'consent of the governed'
5,687 Posts
Mostly because you tend to get more responses to your specific question. People may see this thread for the first time, see that there are hundreds of responses and just move along.

And just say no to Sinister.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Thank you for this write up! My oil cooler went and I decided to replace it with a bulletproof diesel version. I was able to follow your instructions step by step. If it wasn't for this write up I'm not sure I could have done it. I would not call myself very mechanically skilled and this made it possible for me to complete my own repair and learn a lot about my truck along the way. I can't thank you enough!

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Thanks for the EXCELLENT write up!! Just finished mine and I never even would have attempted it without your write up!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
BPD upgrade vs. AC in Florida

Hi. Great write-up, alot of detailed info. I have had the BPD kit on my 2005 Excursion 6.0L for alittle over a year. System is working great compared to the stock setup. My only problem is the AC is having a hard time with our extremely HOT weather in Florida this summer. I have talked to the guys at BPD (Arizona), and they have no issues with a good AC system in the Arizona heat?? My AC system has been gone thru and most if not all the important parts have been replaced. The issue is a problem at around the town speeds ( airflow issue), the center register (60'F set/Recirculate mode-AC panel)) temp never goes below 60'F. At highway speeds it will reach 40-45'F. Even had the tune modified to keep the OEM fan ON below 55mph. Better, but not much better??? I can live with it like this. Considering an electric fan to Push the air over the condenser??

·
Registered
22 Posts
:clap: Man, what a write up! :clap: Awesome instructions and amazing pictures, lots of details making near certain anyone following this guide will see this complete. I'm sure you've inspired many to tackle on this beast of a job!

i printed the write up and had photos on my tablet to ensure no mishaps befell me... i was raring to go! With that said, i opened my hood looked around...I then closed my hood and walked away. :dunce: no way i trust myself enough to pull this off! oh well, i still learned from this post and knowledge is still half the battle. lol

Reactions: Patriot
121 - 140 of 140 Posts