Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are your thoughts? I just had a Bulet Proof EGR cooler installed and after market oil cooler and was wondering if any one has done the same. What do you guys recommend for next upgrade, it's all stock other than that.

·
Administrator
31,243 Posts
who's oil cooler ?

I run the BPD EGR cooler because sooner or later they will be looking for the deletes

next Mod is getting a tuner and shutting of the EGR

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
What are your thoughts? I just had a Bulet Proof EGR cooler installed and after market oil cooler and was wondering if any one has done the same. What do you guys recommend for next upgrade, it's all stock other than that.
First off-:ORG welcome:

Do you have any monitor yet? If not might wanna check into that. That could reeley guide u of what way to go.

·
Registered
249 Posts
was running BPD internally blocked EGR cooler, didnt know this, went to install XDP EGR delete and found the BPD one was already in there. im also running the BPD oil cooler relocation kit. love both. great quality. the BPD internally blocked EGR cooler looked COMPLETELY stock, and you couldnt tell it had been cut open and welded back together by looking under the hood. only giveaway was obviously by looking in the end and seeing a blockoff plate.

i would highly suggest both products. you can order the internally blocked EGR cooler and the Oil cooler relocation as one big kit, but its a little pricey. well worth it so you dont pop head gaskets though.

·
Registered
6,023 Posts
Ive got the BPD oil cooler with cold weather package and their UPGRADED egr. My deltas are great now and my truck is runnin great. Spendy yes, worth it, hope so.

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
FWIW, I'll ad that even the BPD packaging is bullet proof. I don't have the oil cooler, or their egr delete/upgrade for that matter, but I just recieved their oil bypass kit, and fuel filter cap...the packaging itself was very professional, vacuum sealed plastic baggies for all the hardware, they even had bullet proof diesel tape! Lol. Seemed like something you'd get from holley, or edelbrock, or any other multi-million dollar company. That was my first experience with them, and everything seemed to be very high quality, which fits the reputation they have. If I ever have oil cooler problems, I'll be going with their oil cooler setup.

·
Premium Member
1,795 Posts
I had the BPD EGR cooler recommended and installed by a local Ford dealer last summer after being stranded with the Family on a camping trip. This is what started me searching for info and finding this site and learning a TON of information and getting one hell of an education on my truck. I have since also installed the BPD remote oil cooler w/cold weather kit, water pump and FICM and couldn't be happier with the whole experience with BPD (product and cust. service)

·
Registered
180 Posts
now does bpd offer the blocked egr cool i want to get the egr stuff out of my intake and making all that suet plug up my intake with the oil ad all mixing

·
Registered
78 Posts
How many miles do people have on their BPD remote oil cooler? And what are the before and after oil temps? Were the ambient tempertures about the same for both data?

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
I have over 30k miles on mine and towing a 12k lb trailer here in the desert of Arizona. I am one of the ones who have definitely put it through it's paces.

I can't tell you before and after because I didn't have a monitor at the time, but I was tired of having my truck in the shop replacing EGR coolers (because the oil cooler was plugged). Since those were all done under warranty, I wasn't as concerned at the time. After going over 100k miles and then replacements would be on MY dime, I was VERY interested in fixing it correctly. After speaking with Ken and Gene at BPD, I was sold on the kit and the concept of "one and done".

·
Registered
78 Posts
Evil Eye,

Did you do the delete or cooler option. I just ordered the oil relocation with the upgraded cooler.

·
Administrator
31,243 Posts
I think He runs the EGR cooler but uses a billet plug in place of the valve ,, He was having issues with the valve being forced open even though it was shut of via tuning

·
Registered
78 Posts
I asked them to overnight the kit along with the High Pressure Oil Pump (HPOP) Pressure Fitting Upgrade Kit so I should get it Saturday morning. I hope this is it for at least 500K miles. Grand Total: $2,946.51 with shipping.

And if you don't hear from me any more, my wife shot me!

·
Premium Member
19,111 Posts
I think He runs the EGR cooler but uses a billet plug in place of the valve ,, He was having issues with the valve being forced open even though it was shut of via tuning
Yep, you are right, Scott, although because of emissions, I pulled the billet plug out and put the EGR valve back in. I just haven't bothered to swap it back out, although I might do that this weekend.
I asked them to overnight the kit along with the High Pressure Oil Pump (HPOP) Pressure Fitting Upgrade Kit so I should get it Saturday morning. I hope this is it for at least 500K miles. Grand Total: $2,946.51 with shipping.

And if you don't hear from me any more, my wife shot me!
Congrats, Chris. This has really given me (and my wife) peace of mind about towing our trailer across the state. Whereas before, I would always wonder about the smell of coolant in the AC vents (due to a ruptured EGR cooler or when the head gaskets blew), now, I no longer worry about those things. In the past 2.5 years, I have been dealing with a few other gremlins here or there, but NOTHING like I was before installing the BPD goodies. If you've ever been stranded because of your truck before (and your wife was with you or remembers the hassle you endured), this will be an easy sell. My wife won't let me get rid of my truck because we've already "bulletproofed" this truck and she doesn't want to go through that again! :thumb:

·
Registered
78 Posts
tigger19, I have never done this before but I will attempt to do it this Sat and Sun and if I don't get it done. A little tickly will suddenly appear in my throat that will allow me to finish it on Monday. Just hope the boss doesn't drive by. But, then again he drives a 6.0L and he will surely understand. Ha-ha.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts