Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was gana see what parts you put in your tranny so it will hold the power. Theres so many parts to put in that im lost. Im lookin for the 400-600 hp rated. I would greatly apriciate it

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,863 Posts
John Wood valve body, triple disc converter

·
Ole White
5,253 Posts
Depending on what you are wanting to spend if your doing complete rebuild or just VB and Torque Convertor. I'd go ahead and bite the bullet and do a BTS or John Woods they'll set you back bout $4,000 but will be built to handle the power.

Or if you have a good reputiable Tranny shop in your area you could get all the goodies and have them build it and probably save a little $$

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
but its slippin a lil in 3rd gear so could i still add the valve body and convertor and handle the power for a while longer.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
It mite, If it goes then you probably will just end up wasting all that money on a converter that you could have put towards a built tranny. Thats just me though

·
Stupidity pisses me off
3,863 Posts
It mite, If it goes then you probably will just end up wasting all that money on a converter that you could have put towards a built tranny. Thats just me though
Yep, and the new converter will now be full of metal shavings :(

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Do it once, do it right, buy a whole unit from BTS, JW or RacerX...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts