Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a tranny rated at 600hp for sale from a private guy who had it built for his 2000 PSD and sold the truck but never used this tranny. He wants 2500 for it. It was built by his buddy he said. I asked if it came with any type of warranty and he is getting back to me as we speak. If it comes with a a good warranty would it be worth gettin? Let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
165 Posts
2500 for a built tranny that is said to handle 600 hp is a good deal especially becuase you dont have any down time taking the your trans out and sendin it somewhere or spending money for a core charge. for it to handle that wouldnt there have to be HD shafts in it? sound like a good deal if it is what it is

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya theres no core charge on it. As long as its a 4R100 it should fit on my 02 even though it came out of a 2000.

·
Registered
165 Posts
yep that sound like a good deal

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
Who would need a 600hp tranny if the engine its bolted to is only good for about 400hp.....:poke

·
Banned
1,684 Posts

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess if i wanted smart azz remarks i didnt think i would have to come here to get them. Read my ???? I asked if it was a good deal.As far as hp wise ive thought about putin a diff. motor in my truck so y not have a tranny put in that will hold the power now and save my money and time later. Thats what i was kinda thinkin

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
:supergay: Ok dude, since that was directed at me... I get a kick out of your posts, almost all of them. One day your looking to looking to buy a dodge cuz "you can build huge power for cheap", the next minute you lookin into buying an OBS because it might hold big power better than an 02, and before all that you were going into business for yourself as a diesel mechanic that hires a guy to install a lift kit... I just think it's a riot with the questions you post.

If you think that buying a tranny from a guy who knows a guy that knew a guy who built it but never used it then by all means do it, but it seems like a foolish move to make a big investment like a $2500 transmission if you don't know if it's built by a professional. If YOU think its "a good deal" then do it, but how are "we" as ORG members from all around the country subposed to be able to tell you "yes it's a good deal, spend your hard earned money on it and don't look back", we cant! You gotta make some decisions for yourself, like "self, do I want to spend my money on this transmission"? You don't need our approval to spend your money on stuff, and if you ask me, its not worth it to spend $2500 on a transmission that was built by "some guy", if you're gonna spend the $$ at least give it to a person you can trust.

ok, I'm done:ranton:

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
it would be a good one just to get the good parts out of even

why spend $2500 just to get the good parts out of it?

That would be a waste of money IMO

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
just wondering but how do you know that it is rated for 600hp?

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If you dnt like my post then dont open them. Its simple if you see somethin written by BlackPwrstroke dont open it. I come here with any thoughts i have about a truck or my truck cuz i know i will get a strait answer. As far as my lift i did install it my self man, it took 12 hours but i got it done.Mabey if your gana tell me how it is so funny that i hire someone to install my lift you should ask and see if i did instead of runin your mouth. All i can say is i come here cuz you guys know your Sh*t and if i cant come here to ask ??s then i wont

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This was in my fist post. Iasked about a warranty and if it does it should say what the warranty rates the tranny at right. Mabey not

I asked if it came with any type of warranty and he is getting back to me as we speak. If it comes with a a good warranty would it be worth gettin? Let me know. Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
:doh: alright you guys.... lets not start this :( espically before:admin:

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
If it were me I would say pass on it. For alittle bit more money you could get a built transmission that you know will come with a great warranty. This is JMO though.

·
Premium Member
7,050 Posts
I don't think it wouldn't be that bad of a idea but just don't take his word on the warranty get it in writing and him to sign it and then it would sound like a good deal then

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
If its got a warranty and is rated for that much by all means get it,

but if you just plan on using it for parts, there's no piont in spending that much, when you can spend a bit more, and get a brand new built one with a warranty.

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
I don't think it wouldn't be that bad of a idea but just don't take his word on the warranty get it in writing and him to sign it and then it would sound like a good deal then
i agree. Definitely get the warranty in writing. Dont just take his word for it

1 - 20 of 34 Posts