Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys got a truck has a semi built 6.0 and I'm looking for help, info, but anyway, has liberator heads and fire ringed, studed, egr delete, stage 2 turbo, I think 250 cc injectors, a fads fuel system, and sct itsx programmer, so first problem is it runs out of fuel, which I ordered the spring kit for it and been looking at the return set up for them, and my fass is running threw 4 filters, is there a way to bypass the factory ones?? And second, feel free to chime in on any other things I am missing or will help me, I'm fairly new to the 6.0 and I'm looking for all the help I can get

Sent Live from my iPhone

·
Registered
18 Posts
is your fuel pressure dropping at the heads? i would HIGHLY suggest running a regulated fuel return line kit with your set-up. this will keep you at the correct pressure (76psi). if you run the regulated return line kit, you will not need the blue spring kit. the factory fuel regulator is removed when installing the return line kit. what FASS system are you running and what is the micron rating of the filters?

·
Turbos = Witchcraft
2,740 Posts
First, you need gauges ASAP so you know what is going on. Your fuel pressure should stay around 62-65 at all times even under WOT. It sounds to me like you have a FASS lift pump. I would also recommend a regulated return fuel system. I can't think of anyone who makes 250cc injectors, and if you do have something that big, I guarantee you are losing some serious HPOP. That would be another problem. Idk what a Stage 2 turbo is, so I can't tell you much about that

After you get gauges and/or a monitor, keep track of your fuel pressure, EGTs, ECT vs. EOT, and FICM voltage. You should take some time to read some of the stickied threads in this section and the 6.0 General section. They will be very beneficial for you. Please take some time to learn about the 6.0 before you continue throwing money at more parts. The biggest thing you have to do before modifying any diesel is to make sure the engine is healthy.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do have all gauges in it, but the ficm one I didn't even know they had, and the return kit I will get for sure, and it's a stage 2 liberator turbo, its a 64mm by 88mm Vgt turbo, and I have the fass platinum, and I'm running baldwin filters on it

Sent Live from my iPhone

·
Registered
4,546 Posts
So you bought a truck and dont know what size or brand injectors were installed on it? And its losing fuel pressure .....huh, interesting.

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,777 Posts
I have to agree with darsey here. You should have done some serious research before buying that truck if it came that way when you bought it. Or if you did all that work you should have spent more time researching before dropping that kind of coin into that engine.

Either way you have some issues going on with it and they need to be addressed or your going to cause yourself more headaches than anything.

Adam is also right with the hpop. To be completely honest here your about to open a can of worms when it comes to sorting this all out. Your looking at some serious money in upgrades to feed those injectors. And just hope that your injectors aren't crapped out from being starved for fuel. If that happens your in it even more money.

Don't know your finances but this is some serious money we are talking to getting a fuel system up to par to feed those injectors then you have to look at upgrading your hpo system to keep the oil pressure up enough to fire the injectors.

·
Turbos = Witchcraft
2,740 Posts
Fuel Pressure and EGTs are the gauges that you must have. Eerything else you need to know can be monitored with a monitor that plugs into the OBD II port. Google Scangauge II and Edge Insight. Those are the two monitors that most people recommend. If you are for sure losing fuel pressure (gauge drops below 60 psi, it will take less than 45 psi to see any performance loss), you definitely need to get a regulated return or blue spring. I prefer regulated return. If that doesn't solve the issue, then your stock fuel pump is probably shot.
If your fuel pressure is looking good(over 60psi even at WOT), then you have a nother problem, either HPO or FICM. This is where you need to get a monitor because there is no such thing as a FICM voltage gauge. There is procedure to check your FICM, just search for it, I can't remember where the link is. But, a monitor is way easier.
My guess is that your injectors are not 250s, but are actually 205s. Either way, that is way too much fuel for a 64mm VGT, that's almost too much for a 64mm nonVGT.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I didn't buy the truck, it's my buddies truck that he took to someone else that I'm in the process of putting the piece together pretty much, like I said I'm learning the 6.0 as I go, I read a lot of good stuff on here and you guys are helping me alot

Sent Live from my iPhone

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I told him to run a bigger hpop, but "his guy" said he really don't need it and now since I stepped in the picture the guy won't touch it, and I have a scanner that I can check the ficm, my brother is actually a ford powerstroke mechanic, we have alittle shop and this is the first powerstroke this far built up, so like I said I'm new to these motors

Sent Live from my iPhone

1 - 10 of 10 Posts