Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
OperationSmile.org
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I did my shackle lift and I am sitting 2 inches shy of being level. I am running 315/75 r 16.5. I am still rubbing on the rear of the fender well. So now I am considering building my own hanger brackets. I am hoping for another 2.5 to 3 inches out of this. So I need some help. With my 2.5 inch shackels what can I see total lift wise? I am planning on lowering the bolt 3 inches down and 1 inch forward from the factory bolt location. I am sure I will have to get a adjustable track bar bracket and new shocks. Does anybody see any issues I may see or see anything I am missing?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I don't.... Let me know how it goes???

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
My first .02 in this thread is get rid of the suicide wheel. 16.5 rims have no tire seat in them. If you have low pressure and take a curve to fast you will lose the tire... go to a 17 or drop to a 16... Very good advice...as for what you are trying to do with shackles, just give superlift a call, they have a lift leaf spring that should work and give you enough clearance up front either that or I think you may be able to add-a-leaf into the leaf pack. I don't know that for sure though.

·
Doesn't Even Care
18,044 Posts
Ask Scuffy828 about his. He builds them, there only 50 bux, and he said he wouldnt go higher then 2.5" cause if the pinion angle of the driveshaft. see what his input is. Hes the guru about that stuff

·
OperationSmile.org
2,011 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The reason I am asking is because the 3.5 in hanger lift I was looking at had shackles just like mine with it. I am trying to keep as goood of a ride quality as possible. Adding a leaf would stiffen my ride I would think. But I will look into your advise DunesRUnner. BTW where at in phoenix are you?

·
Registered
177 Posts
what hangars did you install on the front to begin with????

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
The reason I am asking is because the 3.5 in hanger lift I was looking at had shackles just like mine with it. I am trying to keep as goood of a ride quality as possible. Adding a leaf would stiffen my ride I would think. But I will look into your advise DunesRUnner. BTW where at in phoenix are you?
I live 43rd Ave and union hills and work Roosevelt and 24th st...why u ask?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts