Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally decided that i want to send my motor out to get professionally built. But im not sure where to send it... So in lookin for input on who is the best at building a early 99 7.3 PSD motor? Any help would be great thanks!

·
Registered
959 Posts
You could give Dave at DI a call. I belive they sell short or long blocks.

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,018 Posts
Send it to Marty(maitain) along with the appropriate funds, i'm sure he's up for some more work on the side...:approve:

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
Black Widow Diesel

Thats where I would call for a build.

Or WOP in Utah, but I dont know there web address of the top of my head.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
234 Posts
I would go to Wide Open Performance just cause I kinda know the guy who owns it, we whent to high school together, haven't seen him since, but he new his s--t back then and sure seems to know it now, just check out his site.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Wipeout Enterprise is another company that builds engines.

L

·
0 Posts
or just find a good reputable local shop, that is what i did. There's nothing special about building diesel engines.

·
Registered
234 Posts
or just find a good reputable local shop, that is what i did. There's nothing special about building diesel engines.
yup just stay close to home and save some cash, theres no reason to go out of state for a motor rebuild.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
send it to banks!:hehe: just kidding but how built are you talking? what are your plans?
I wanna fully build my motor connecting rods pistons cam port and polished head everything.. Im lookin to get 600-700HP WITHOUT spraying nitrous!

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
How much money are you looking to spend? I honestly dont think that anyone has hit 700+ on fuel only. I am in the middle of a motor build and am seekinig 750+ on sray....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ALOT... i talked to a guy at ATS and he said im looking at 18,000 to 20,000 so its far from cheap

·
Registered
223 Posts

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
DO NOT USE ATS! My long block that I am building now is costing me about 12k.....

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
O know not to use ATS i just called them to get an idea of what i'd be looking at...

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
Im at 12k just with the Girdle, main studs, crowers, head studs,fire-rings, cam, and all of the other little parts to get the long block done and ready to go....

1 - 20 of 41 Posts