Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
I'm getting ready to finally install the engine and was looking around while doing a bunch of small stuff (video is coming on that) when I noticed this on the right up pipe.

Light Automotive tire Bicycle fork Plastic bottle Cylinder

There is very little room, maybe 1/32, between the sharp edge of the head casting and the body of the flexible up pipe. So I took off the entire set of up pipes and used a die grinder with a carbide tip to clearance the head. It looks much better now.

Automotive tire Blue Motor vehicle Rim Fender

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Our first setback. As far as I know this is the only one I've had so far. The ZF-6 transmission that came out of this truck shifted well and I didn't hear and strange noises from the transmission at all. However the pilot shaft was pretty chewed up, so I decided to try one of the shaft repair kits available. Well that's where the fun started. In the end I think I've made the right decision, but it sets us back a week and $2k.

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING THE REBUILT TRANSMISSION INSTALLED WITH THE MOTOR.....KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.....

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
I almost forgot about this video. A quick one on all the sensors left yet to install and the reason for the extra temp sensor in ZF equipped trucks.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
So I started working on the harness. Its pretty dirty. Haven't found any broke or frayed wiring yet and am just cleaning it up for install. I did take an old valve cover gasket and cut the connector out of it. Then did a few alterations to help me test the harness.

Automotive tire Wood Bumper Glove Motor vehicle

Musical instrument Circuit component Folk instrument Wood Gas

Its kind of slow going but to be thorough, it takes time. Its better to spend the time now rather than later on the road..... I'll take some more pics if I find anything interesting.

101 - 107 of 107 Posts