Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
81 - 100 of 105 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
ANOTHER GREAT INFORMATIVE VIDEO.....

B-T-W.....IS THE NEW DAMPER LARGER THAN THE STOCK DAMPER?....

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 · (Edited)
Well, I'm finally getting back to the build. After completing a bunch of projects around the house I was able to resume the 7.3 build. Its been a long time since I have done anything on it. Anyway, in this video I introduce some new parts to the build that will definitely add substantially to the durability of our engine.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Here is part two of the injector cups install. The new cups are really great quality and the install is covered in all its detail.

·
Premium Member
1,132 Posts
I AM VERY GLAD I DECIDED TO WATCH YOUR BUILD SERIES.....IT IS SO INFORMATIVE AND USEFUL.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Don't want to sound rude but here it is...

The 7.3l is the wrong platform to start hotshoting unless you get some super magic luck and find dedicated routes with reasonable loads. Plenty of the 2014 rams being ran have over 500k miles on them using tandem axel, single tire 25-35ft gooseneck flatbeds. As a new entrant your insurance alone is going be $750 plus through progressive for just one truck and one trailer. You'll be burning so much fuel you'll not have much time for any repairs with a 20 yr old truck. Can it be done with a 7.3l? Yes should it be done no. You'll be competing for everything as a new truck and you'll be forced to take all the lower paying freight and the 7.3l will just not be as comfortable, fuel efficient, and reliable due to its age. Not that a emissions running truck doesn't have its problems but just feel you should really reach out to others in your area who are doing it before you put all this time and money into a truck that don't get me wrong I love my 7.3l, just would never hot shot with it in a million years after all the success of a different platform.

The 7.3l engine is amazing but you drive 500k miles in 6 yrs with a 7.3l vs the newer and softer riding and stronger suspension, quitter, more powerful engine your body and bank account will tell you the difference. ps multiple trucks with 500k or more miles all 2014 or newer.... There is just too much completion out there cutting cost and corners for anyone to make a profit with out having some luck, $$$, and networking etc.

Just something to consider if you truly want to start hotshoting etc.
I think you are totally wrong. I been doing hotshot for 1 with a 7.3 zf6 pulling a 32ft flatbed car trailer When i bought it had 373k miles everything stock. It had a hydra tune on stock factory injectors and yes injector 6 and 8 went out. I decide to throw a new set of injectors and i take off the tuner. Then like 6 month later my oil pan star leaking and some fuel line were leaking i decide to put all that new with new turbo pedestal and all those gasket and seal to stop leaking from every where. Oh and i forget to tell you when i bought it i decide to replace Rotor, Caliper, Pads All around. Today after 1 year of working really hard the truck have 450k and is driving like a dream. Going twice or one a week from louisville to atlanta, taking Chattanooga mountain up and down like butter fully loaded. So i don’t think a 7.3 is a bad truck to start because part are cheap, is a cheap truck, plus is one of the reliable truck ever made.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Next is the Under Valve Cover Wiring Harness install. Its a pretty simple task that seemed to take way too long, but in the end it was installed and verified.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
I put the Ceracoted exhaust manifolds on and the new High Pressure Oil Pump on. Its beginning to close in on the final steps.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 · (Edited)
On with the Goodies. In this video I install some sweet intake manifolds. They're the best I've seen for the 7.3 and well worth it considering our turbo selection.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
Turbo time. First time fitment of the Turbo and all its plumbing. I'm still waiting on the ceramic coating so I can get it done. Its beginning to head toward completion.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
So I've been building out the fuel feed system and its finally coming together. Lots of trial and error. I am using Vibra-lok fittings like ford originally did so it makes it interesting. I like the concept of the Vibra-lok type fitting as its used in all kind of industrial uses where things vibrate and tend to get loose or leak. The biggest problem with the way Ford used them is they are just very difficult to replace the seals if you ever have to crack a fitting open for maintenance. So in order to overcome that problem and still use the fittings I did a bit of plumbing. Add to the fact that I'm using 3/8 tube to 1/8 inch NPT fittings, I started out with all brass, but the elbows in brass fittings are drilled and the turn is anything but a smooth flow so I switched to stainless 1/8 inch piping. Of course it doesn't seem to exist locally so I had to order from McMaster-Carr. Not cheap but the elbows are much smoother turns and I think it will help with eliminating some of the flow turbulence. The drivers side came out pretty well. You can see how nice the Ceramic coating came out on the up pipes.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive exhaust Rim Automotive exterior

Here is a pic with the almost straight shot of the feed to the fuel block on the driver side. (easy bend for the line)
Blue Automotive tire Motor vehicle Pipeline transport Automotive design

The passenger side I don't like. In order to get around the cylinder head I had to have that elbow out way too far and kind of hanging in the air. I'm waiting on a 45 elbow to see if I can get it too fit and look better.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Blue Hood Automotive exterior

The fuel block is looking good in the valley.
Hood Light Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper

By the way the turbo mounting and up pipes are in. The bolts are the same grade and size as the water
pump bolts so I torqued them all to 18 lb-ft.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Nice work. I have a 97 F250HD 4x4 and im going to do the same thing but will prob use one of the kits on the market. That with the turbo rebuild and new wheel i put in it, and im going to upgrade to 160 hybrid injectors. Should run strong w mild tune

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Nice work. I have a 97 F250HD 4x4 and im going to do the same thing but will prob use one of the kits on the market. That with the turbo rebuild and new wheel i put in it, and im going to upgrade to 160 hybrid injectors. Should run strong w mild tune

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Sounds like a solid plan. I plan on doing something like that on my DD which is my beloved 96 CCLWB, once this one is finished. The 96 needs the ZF rebuilt too.

81 - 100 of 105 Posts