Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

161 - 168 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #162
Looking for some opinions here guys. Now that I’ve decided on the shape of the bed I’m trying to decide. I can either use some nice wood for the whole thing. I can use nice wood for just the middle (where the diamond plate is in the pic) and either diamond plate on the out sides or expanded steel mesh. Or diamond plate for the middle where it is but on the bed frame and mesh or something on the outsides. I kinda like the idea of two medias for the bed but can’t decide which might look better. Any ideas? I’m worried the mesh on the outsides (which I would prefer) may say as that’s were the tires of my RZR will b sitting. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
If it were me, I would probably go with a combo of wood and s/s. Or maybe wood encased with stainless with 1-2” exposed lip / frame surrounding it. A good sized steel mesh frame would be my #2 choice...I’m just not a diamond plate guy I guess. There’s so much of it out there and that’s gonna be a unique truck.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
If it were me, I would probably go with a combo of wood and s/s. Or maybe wood encased with stainless with 1-2” exposed lip / frame surrounding it. A good sized steel mesh frame would be my #2 choice...I’m just not a diamond plate guy I guess. There’s so much of it out there and that’s gonna be a unique truck.
Ya I get that about diamond plate. I’m also thinking of an all wood bed with an aluminum angle edging around it. I’m thinking of doing a torched wood grain look with a gray stain and clear poly. Gray stain would compliment the gray color the truck will be painted. Some nice exposed stainless hardware holding it all down. Then some form of head board I still haven’t even thought about yet haha

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
Also got the fender mocked up in there temporarily and I’m liking it although I may use real trucker fenders instead of the rolled diamond plate

·
Registered
706 Posts
If you were set on two medias my preference would be the wood and diamond plate basically for the same reason as @Spirit but reversed lol. I like the diamond plate look better than mesh. Also I think you're right about having issues with mesh where your RZR wheels would be.

Reactions: Spirit

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
If you were set on two medias my preference would be the wood and diamond plate basically for the same reason as @Spirit but reversed lol. I like the diamond plate look better than mesh. Also I think you're right about having issues with mesh where your RZR wheels would be.
Ya I get that. I’m trying to decide. I thjnk mesh is out due to weight

161 - 168 of 168 Posts