Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

121 - 140 of 168 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
Just seen this! Very nice build sir.
Thanks bud. I’m getting excited about it now nuts starting to come together. Really wanna get going on the motor work but summer is so busy. All good things though. Going to bolt the seats in tonight hopefully and work on wiring them up at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
My center caps came in today and got them on. Got my radio installed and tested the subs and system and it’s loud so I’m happy with that. Things are coming together. Just need to find a back panel for behind the seats so I can put the interior back together and the inside will be done. Ford discontinued it and the previous owner cut mine. Gotta find a donor truck and rob it.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Thanks for the follow. Hoping for it to be running later this fall or ready for the road in early spring. Follow on and check it out. Thanks!

How do you like the sound quality of the atoto head unit , it might be too early to ask but since you were testing out the subs i figured why not.

Thanks

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
It last pretty food. Hard to tell honestly I only hooked it up temporary at the time when I turned the subs on. I mean it was also only 150 bucks for the car play version. I’m not an android guy so I didn’t get the a6 like a lot of other guys use. I also upgraded the speakers to rockfords so that changed stuff too and the my aren’t even installed fully yet. But I’m happy with what I have into the system that’s for sure. Plus car play is amazing

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Hey guys I know I’ve been quiet in here for a while. Honestly haven’t made much progress other then some decisions on what I’m going to do to the truck. Been busy with camping and my new toy. But wanted you to know it has not died and engine work will be done over the winter as that’s my slower time and building a flat bed at the same time. Goal is still to roll it out early spring and go from there. Just wanted to update you guys since y’all have been so helpful to me with this build. Here’s a pic of the new toy.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
Got some work started on fabbing the bed frame today. I’m no expert fabricator so I starte with wood to save in wasted cuts and welds. And this will also allow me to get a more accurate shopping list. It’s not perfectly square at the moment. Just got it built and up there. Starting to center it on the teuck and square it up.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Man that thing looks good already. I still can't wait for you to get off your a** and finish this thing lol.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Man that thing looks good already. I still can't wait for you to get off your a** and finish this thing lol.
Haha ya I know me too. I hit a huge wall this summer getting busy. I’m back at it now tho. Working on getting the bed built and getting ready for snow. Winter will be a good time for me to get the engine work done and build her up!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
Alright guys, I’m trying to be a proactive as I can be on this build. Are there any gains to up and down pipes? I can get Mbrp up and down pipes for around 450 shipped. I have almost no pipe in my setup since I’m doing stacks and they are 7 inch so didn’t know if down pipe was worth it? Also can anyone make any other recommendations as to what makes more sense to do now with the motor out? Like up and down pipes will be easier when it’s apart. I’m already doing my RR. Are there any other mods I should be looking at that are way easier now? I know turbo and injectors are not bad to do in cab so I’ll be doing them at a later time probably

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,703 Posts
The only time I lift the cab is for head gaskets, everything else is quicker in cab. I would definitely invest in some up pipes if you are running stock at the moment. Those can be done easily in cab as well though, doing injectors/turbo will leave only 4 bolts to remove to pull the up pipes.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
The only time I lift the cab is for head gaskets, everything else is quicker in cab. I would definitely invest in some up pipes if you are running stock at the moment. Those can be done easily in cab as well though, doing injectors/turbo will leave only 4 bolts to remove to pull the up pipes.

Ok thank you. That’s good to know. What is everyone using for up pipes? Or at least recommend

·
Mr. Crossthread
4,703 Posts
I'm running MBRP, no issues so far

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
I'm running MBRP, no issues so far

Thanks that’s good to know those are the ones I’ve been looking for. I did not delete my egr so I need ones that still accommodate the egr system. And I know mbrp does

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #138
Just ordered my Far From Stock diy traction bar kit. Was going to buy a set all done but wanted another piece of the puzzle to be something I built a little more. Good pricing and I can get the dom tube for a good price locally with out shipping. Anyone ever use this brand? Pretty excited I love the look of traction bars on trucks!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
subscribed. you make me want a dually .
Haha thanks. I’ve wanted one for a while and finally found one that made sense money wise. Hoping to start making some real progress here soon. I’ve been dragging my feet but should be moving along here soon.

121 - 140 of 168 Posts