Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

101 - 120 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I'm a sucker for black vehicles so my vote for truck color is black and I think it would look sharp as hell with that shiny diamond plate back there. I'm so jealous if this build already lol

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
I'm a sucker for black vehicles so my vote for truck color is black and I think it would look sharp as hell with that shiny diamond plate back there. I'm so jealous if this build already lol
Haha thank you that’s a huge compliment. I was just talking to a friend today and was saying it’s so nice to have supportive people willing to help on here instead of a hunch of haters in my build and what not. Thanks to everyone who has helped so far and hopefully o can keep y’all entertained with what I have going on as you follow. I like black too. My tundra is black but also it’s hard to keep nice and clean but I do like black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
Alright I finally got my plate all cut up and I got the bed mocked up. I can really see what it’s going to look like now. I’m pretty excited. It’s a big step forward for me while I’m waiting on the motor. I think I’m going to try and roll the fenders to match the tires. And deciding whether I should run the diamond plate down the sides of the frame or just have it on top. Let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
My vote is for the diamond plate on the frame also.

Reactions: 5.9and6.0

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
Thanks kb. I was thinking the same too. Wish I could carrry it thru where the leaf perches are but it would be too much work for right now and with the fenders you won’t really see it much anyways. Gonna start bolting it up tonight

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
Hey guys sorry for the delay here. Haven’t got much done on the truck due to holidays and life in general. I did however order the last bit of parts needed for the build. Go my BPD egr cooler. Xdp RR from blessed performance and riff raft boots and clamps. Alliant water pump and Hayden mechanical clutch and adapter. A new bolt on 2 5/16 ball/pintle hitch and A few other odds and ends also. All should be coming in within a week or two. Pretty excited x to start putting it all together. Still waiting on time to get to the machine shop but hope to be starting it within a few weeks maybe . Just wants to update y’all and let you know the build hasn’t died haha

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Got some fun parts in today. BPD egr cooler H core. New 2 5/16 inch pintle hitch. Clutch, adapter, and water pump. Also got some time I finally lined up the diamond plate and bolted it down temporarily and started installing the sound deadening material. Hers a few pics.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Man that's a shiny ball lol

Reactions: nighthawk285

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
Alright guys a bit of an update. Still no motor work done but been picking away at the interior. Got a lot of parts piled up and waiting for the fun to begin. Here’s a few pics of what’s going on. New vinyl flooring is about in and done. Looking for some buckets and console now. Found a good deal on 2 10 inch subs and amp. Just had to order a KDD stage 2 cam from Blessed Performance because the colt cam is still on back order with no eta and will be needing it soon. Let me know if anyone has used their cam before.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
KDD has a pretty good name around here so you probably won't be hearing many complaints on this forum against them.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #113 ·
That’s good to hear. Hoping for good results. Pretty excited to get the last piece of the puzzle finally and begin the work. Still searching for the wheel and tire combo I want. 22.5 aren’t cheap as I’m sure y’all know.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
Ok guys I need some help. I’ve been trying to figure out a wheel and tire combo for this thing. Obviously I want a street look and tire not mud tires. I’ve moved on from super singles and would like to do 22.5 in the rear and 19.5 in the front. I thjnk a staggered look would be awesome for this. But I’m having a hard time finding the stuff I need that isn’t 5k dollars. I understand you have to pay to play but can justify sinking that kind of coin for wheels right now. I have a lead on some 24.5 with tires for a good price but I thjnk those would be way too big at around 43 inches tall from what I’ve read. I could always just do 20s so I have a better selection of tires but can’t figure it out. What do you guys think? Want some feed back and ideas. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·
So I made a decision and went with black 22.5 for the rears. 275/70/22.5. Fronts will be painted black to match and new tires. Going to put some black center caps and spikes lug nuts front and rear. Also I received my kdd cam today. Looks awesome. (Please excuse the mess in the shop, had a birthday party in there and it’s a wreck haha)

·
Registered
728 Posts
Ya it’s deff big haha. I had to lower the tranny on the floor with a floor jack only by my self. Not fun at all but no one got hurt and it’s done. Just got the engine in a stand. Ready to get to work.

Don't be doing that!!!

·
Registered
728 Posts
I know I know haha. I did have it strapped to the jack but it was the only option at the time but I get it haha.

I dropped a 350-400lb NV5600 on my arm using an inadequate trans jack. Got lucky as hell and no serious damage to my arm. But never again will I utilize a sketchy trans jack setup. It was a long time ago, but I think it was a regular floor jack with a trans adapter plate deal. It was working fine, until it wasn't lol! Now I've got a ridiculously huge one meant for semi-truck transmissions. 🤓

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
Ok y’all I got some stuff done. I got my 22.5 tires on and I also got a smoking deal on bucket seats. Same color I got to swap my bench for the buckets and console. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Those buckets look great and holy rubber Batman that's a lot of tire lol. Looks good, can't wait to see the video of you burning those monsters off lol

101 - 120 of 257 Posts