Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
The Silent Service
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
First video: Interstate behavior, tune WPE White Rain.

Second video: Side Street behavior, tune WPE White Rain.

Third video: Interstate with 35# Boost segment, tune WPE White Rain.

·
Motor Head.
1,733 Posts
sounds great.!!I am going to try and head this way over the winter.

·
The Silent Service
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Got a new peak boost, still trying to get good video of a solid WOT run.

She pushed the needle to 38# today, not too shabby. EGTs stayed under 1150*.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Any updates on this?

·
The Silent Service
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Been on a lot of highway miles so far, but the towing hasn't happened yet.

Easy 3/4 - 1 mile/gal improvement in mileage, great throttle response, and plenty of power on tap. With the average of 13.5-14.0 on the stock 'charger, that's a pretty good improvement.

·
Motor Head.
1,733 Posts
any updates???

·
The Silent Service
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
Nothing substantial at the moment. The load that was suppose to get towed following installation fell through, and my schedule has not afforded me the opportunity to find another 8K plus load to pull around.

I have a cold air intake on order now, just to see how much of a difference getting the factory airbox out of the way of this thing. I'll post up again when I have something solid.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
I was all set to do this mod until I couldn?t pass on a great deal on a ?15 SD. I had to sell my 6.0 quickly and the new owner didn?t want the turbo kit, so I have the original KC 2.0 DIY kit with the holes drilled into the polished compressor housing still in the box. I opened it to take pics. I also have the stainless unison ring. PM me if interested.

·
The Silent Service
5,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Bumping this to ask how the build is going as I have very similar goals.... Good job!
Build tread can be found in my sig. She runs great, spools well and hauls. I am working through some minor issues as the truck has reached 100K miles that keep me from getting on the dyno and getting some numbers down. I'm running IDPs Ultimate-X with Tow/Haul and am happy with that as my DD tune.

I think Charlie's Stage2r with the ball bearing turbo does spool quicker than my setup, but I haven't seen his tested on a 4.30 geared truck to verify that.

I was all set to do this mod until I couldn?t pass on a great deal on a ?15 SD. I had to sell my 6.0 quickly and the new owner didn?t want the turbo kit, so I have the original KC 2.0 DIY kit with the holes drilled into the polished compressor housing still in the box. I opened it to take pics. I also have the stainless unison ring. PM me if interested.
Good Luck with that sale.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts