Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want to order a bug shield for my new 2019.

My current 2004 F250 has the boss standard AVS from oriellys.

AVS makes 3 types for my 2019 F350. low, medium and high. I'm thinking of going with the medium height dark smoke but can't seem to find too many reviews or even pictures.

any help would be great, ordering this in the next day or two from oriellys.

https://www.autoventshade.com/avs-23264-bugflector-stonebug-deflector

this is the one i want to purchase

·
Banned
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
10-4, I was thinking that too. I’m going to swing by autonation and see what they got. I also want to see if they have a bed mat too

·
Banned
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep they got them in stock for $71

·
Banned
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
back at this problem again.

I went to Ford and took a look at the $71 one they had. It attaches with 3M tape. I said no thanks.

They do have a more expensive one for $140 but would have to order it.

Anyone have this one on their truck that can snap a pic and describe how it mounts? I think this is the OEM that is installed if you select that option on the build.

·
Banned
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
went with the mid height Auto Vent shade (AVS). I also put a shorty antenna on, 13" from oreily's. That was a cool $7.99. Reception is the same as stock and now I don't have that annoying ding every time I go in my cramped 7' high garage door.

1/3 of the price of Ford's. I personally like how it covers up the ugly super duty text too. Now I need to get that black grille on order and get rid of that 60" ford oval emblem.

I love fords over all looks but they got to tone down the emblem size, its getting out of hand.

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
I believe that is the same shield I got. So it has done well. Comes off pretty easy when I wax. And no paint chips on the front of the hood. That was the main reason for purchasing it. I was doing a lot of freeway driving, now not so much I have another commuter car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Have you been through any car washes?
I want to get something to protect the front from rock chips but I also use a car wash frequently.

·
Banned
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not yet, I typically only hand wash or use the self service wash bays.

·
Registered
141 Posts
No car washes for me either. I hand wash plus I don’t think any in my area would fit my truck. I would imagine the car wash would not disturb too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Agreed, also most automatic washed ask you if you have a bug shield or not. The kwik trip ones deflect the air away from the bug shield to prevent tear offs.

·
Registered
231 Posts
AVS Aeroskin 2 flat matte black and tapes on. No problems in the 2 yrs I've had it. Almost like a bra/bugshield combo!

·
Registered
138 Posts
Have the same AVS medium height purchased via [email protected] to prevent rock chips to edge of hood... was hoping it would mitigate some of the hood flex while on interstate, but no difference. Recently completed a round trip drive from VA to TX - larger bugs you see rise from airflow but then impact mid-upper portion of windshield while @ 70'ish mph.

·
Registered
115 Posts
AVS Aeroskin 2 flat matte black and tapes on. No problems in the 2 yrs I've had it. Almost like a bra/bugshield combo!

Thats a sharp looking combo right there, rig and TV . Nice job

·
Premium Member
45 Posts
Bug Guard

I have a Form Fit that is out of Canada. It has held up well. I run through a car wash three to four times a week ( Low monthly membership). It hasn't bothered it a bit, but this attached with good brackets. It matches my aftermarket fender flares also.

·
Registered
206 Posts

I had that on my F150 and loved it, but they made my wipers chatter/shake going down the road (not using hte wipers).

Do you have any issues like that?

·
Registered
231 Posts
I had that on my F150 and loved it, but they made my wipers chatter/shake going down the road (not using hte wipers).

Do you have any issues like that?
No...once in awhile on a 2 lane road a semi will fly by going the other way and cause some turbulence and make the wipers move. Other then that no problems!

·
Registered
206 Posts
No...once in awhile on a 2 lane road a semi will fly by going the other way and cause some turbulence and make the wipers move. Other then that no problems!
Thank you sir! I'll pick one up!

Just noticed you're in Lockport. I go to Houma and Raceland for work a few times a year.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Thank you sir! I'll pick one up!

Just noticed you're in Lockport. I go to Houma and Raceland for work a few times a year.
No problem...took some getting use to the look but I like it with the flat black finish. I'm actually in Mathews in between Lockport and Raceland. Right in the middle of sugarcane fields!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts