Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried posting this in the motor problem section but got no replies....

I have a buddy down the street from me with a 04 6.0 and its not starting for some reason. He replaced the egr because he had water in the oil and the ficm which was also reprogramed. It started and ran for like fifteen minutes and then just died again. He went to crank it again and there is no oil pressure. Does this sound like the hpop or lpop?

Also, he was running close to 800psi in the cylinders and is now only running 300. I don't know if that is a totally different issue or not.

·
Compression Ignition Addict
7,355 Posts
You don't get water in the oil from the egr system. If he has water in the oil, something is "cracked" somewhere (like a head).

The low "high pressure" oil pressure can be from a bad pump or a leak. It is hard to say without doing tests.

Where is his ICP sensor - hopefully on the passenger head (there are "early" 2004's and "late" 2004's).

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The sensor is on the passenger head. We went to see if it started up this afternoon and it did. block with good oil pressure and then it died for no reason again.

What kind of tests can be done to see if it is a pump, and if so...which would you start with?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts