Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it normal to have bubbles on you oil dipstick after driving. today i pulled into the mobil station to fillup decided to check the oil when i pulled the stick there were a few bubbles on it. the oil only has about 1000 miles since the last change.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
thats foam i have noticed it on about everything that i have checked oil in some oils are worse than others depending on the anti-foaming agent in it i run john deere plus 50 15w-40 and dont see it as much

·
Registered
123 Posts
i run rotella 15-40 heavy duty and i dont see hardly any bubbles. i bought the truck from a used chevy lot and they changed the oil for me before i bought it and put regular 10w-30 in it, talk about some bubbles! had to go and change it again as soon as i bought it.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
i run rotella 15-40 heavy duty and i dont see hardly any bubbles. i bought the truck from a used chevy lot and they changed the oil for me before i bought it and put regular 10w-30 in it, talk about some bubbles! had to go and change it again as soon as i bought it.
yea some people will run different oils and it doesent make a whole lot of difference i mean i dont want foam but i have never blown a motor because of them :thumb:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts
Yeah you don't want to run any oil it should be cj4 rated especially the powerstroke with the high pressure oil system it will cause issues if you don't:thumb:

·
Registered
1 Posts
2000 ford f250. my problem is this, when driving down the interstate and i don't want to downshift thru all those gears on the down facing ramp. i throw it in netural and coast., have done this in heavy city traffic at a red light. the engine started dying. like i was out of fuel. we are in michigan in the winter. started doing it a lot took it to ford dealership. they changed out the icp sensor, i took it home in 15 miles at every light it did it again. took it back and said oil was wrong oil, did new oil change. said the dip stick was foamy. tech drove truck and i drove truck for tech. no problem. took truck out next day and it started again 40 mile trip and stop for fillup engine stalled. had a hard time restarting. did it 3 times by the time i got home. check oil when i got home dip stick had bubbles on it. temp right now is 40/50's so i didn't have the block heater on. ask tech about pump the computer said it was ok. no codes after the icp replaced. any ideas.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts