Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I've been up for about 38 hours straight now.

Last night I got into the shop with Eric at around 11... couldn't use air tools (it was late) or the trans jack b/c it was too high to fit under the lift when the truck was on (it would hit the roof when we put it up in the air).

Anywho, long story short - we got it in... and I drove it at 9am... right after adding fluid about an hour north to philly.

I've only gotten on it once after I put about 60 miles on it and from a 30 mph roll heading up an on ramp I floored it and it snagged 2nd, and the truck kicked sideways! This is with a few hundred pounds of tools in the bed, a full tank and the girlfriend in the truck :eek:

So far soo good!!!!

Eric should be on later with some funny pictures!

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
Now you need to get the chip reburned for the BTS so it will be safe to drive...LOL.....

I said safe with Marty driving his new toy.........:hehe:

·
Premium Member
18,040 Posts
Way to go marty!!! I am glad its running good.
Now, for your assistance please. Take a look at my thread about horrible results on the dyno in the 911 forum, and tell me what you think. Thanks!!

·
Registered
3,333 Posts
thats great bud.

·
Registered
447 Posts
glad to hear you got it in.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
congrads! now you can untame that beast!

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bout to go to bed....

bbl to answer above questions/comments...

thanks yall!

·
Rice Hunter
4,036 Posts
Good Job Buddy! I know you are stoked:thumb: All that hard work is paying off now. I've missed A LOT on the org. Second day on now since the 8th. PC took a dump but I'm back!
Glad to hear yer rig is also:nod:

·
Premium Member
9,097 Posts
Congrats Marty.

Get the chip redone now, so you can use it to full potential.

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Now you need to get the chip reburned for the BTS so it will be safe to drive...LOL.....

I said safe with Marty driving his new toy.........:hehe:
It was tuned FOR a BTS... and I was running it on the stock tranny :hehe:

Way to go marty!!! I am glad its running good.
Now, for your assistance please. Take a look at my thread about horrible results on the dyno in the 911 forum, and tell me what you think. Thanks!!
I'll take a looksy when I get to work ;)

Hey good job marty!!! any pics???? you want to shake your money tree some more and send it my way bro:dunno: jj:)
Money tree was shook clean when I ordered this beast 3 weeks ago.

congrads! now you can untame that beast!
Yup, can't wait!

:woot: alright Marty! Bout time :poke: hahah :D
I know right... it was last july when I had the money saved up and then other things started taking a dump :doh:

Good Job Buddy! I know you are stoked:thumb: All that hard work is paying off now. I've missed A LOT on the org. Second day on now since the 8th. PC took a dump but I'm back!
Glad to hear yer rig is also:nod:
Next time gimme a call! I got some pc's you could have gotten! LOL

Congrats Marty.

Get the chip redone now, so you can use it to full potential.

The chip was burned for a BTS tranny, but I'll still be getting a reburn for the big tune now....... can't wait :woot:

I want to say a huge thank you to Eric (DKR)!

For helping, use of the shop and sticking through with me on this experience LOL :lol: :rofl:

I'm sure his wife will be pissed at me and growling at him for some time!

He snapped a few pictures but we umm.... were VERY tired and exhausted from using HAND tools all night, man that sucks!

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
Uh, we did a trans?:dunno:

Its all a blur.:doh:

Anyways, yup, hand tools suck. But we were at my in-laws shop and doing this overnight, they have apartments overhead and I could NOT risk bothering them.:doh:

I learned two things, 1. Never start a trans swap at 11 at night.; and 2. see number 1.:lol2:

Oh, and always retighten the damn drain plug BEFORE placing old trans back in shipping crate. I had to go back today cause the darn thing leak more fluid even after we drained it twice!:doh:

I do have a couple of pics I'll try to get up later.:thumb:

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
Talk to Jody and get him to send you a chip with the trans turned down. But you already know that, typing is therapeutic....LOL

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Oh, and always retighten the damn drain plug BEFORE placing old trans back in shipping crate. I had to go back today cause the darn thing leak more fluid even after we drained it twice!:doh:
DUDE!!! I'm sorry!!! I didn't even think about that! I should have known!!!!!

Hope your father in law wasn't too mad about that!!!

Besides that, was the rest of the shop clean enough?

I'd text or call you these questions but my phone still isn't working :doh:

·
<--Pro Cooler Racer
8,217 Posts
Shop looked good. Marty makes a good maid!:hehe::hehe:::poke

Now, you need to get your core back so you can get the chip reburned and really run the snot outta it!:D

Next project, the Ranger?:D:hehe::hehe:

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
awesome man glad to hear you got it back going man ! ! !

·
Let's go B's!!!!
6,020 Posts
Way to go Marty. :thumb:

You going to the track friday, or are you waiting until the 10th?

later

·
International Threat
13,087 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Gonna wait on the bigger tune before I go as well as some miles on the tranny so I can flush her out....

Won't be long, won't be long...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts