Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
working with a 2017 F250 6.7 Lariat.

Recommendations for a brush guard / push bumper with winch mount provisions:
Want one that requires the LEAST modification of factory parts...

Thanks for any help.

·
1% Club
49 Posts
I have had three bumpers (iron cross, road armor, and OEM) on my truck. All had their accolades and drawbacks, more negatives then positives. I will be putting a Ranch Hand on my new truck, as I have seen nothing stronger or better.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have had three bumpers (iron cross, road armor, and OEM) on my truck. All had their accolades and drawbacks, more negatives then positives. I will be putting a Ranch Hand on my new truck, as I have seen nothing stronger or better.
Ranch hand with front receiver. Use it on front or back with proper setup.

Best of both worlds.

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Setina....I'd call them to be sure since their site doesn't list them.

Link to one for sale (I don't know who the seller is): https://knoxville.craigslist.org/wto/d/knoxville-f250-push-bumper/6910448633.html
I can tell you that Setina does make one for the 17-19 Super Duty, because I have one that is being installed on my 19 F450. However, if you do have Adaptive Cruise and Collision Avoidance System on your truck you will be in the same boat as I am, trying to figure out how to relocate it.

So I would say the Setina push bar may or may not be the option for you, because it does require some serious modification (if you have ACC/CA)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no ACC/CA here nor a front camera.,. I should be good to go, but looking on their site where you build your own system it looks like the one I want is only for 16' and older models. I am leaning towards the Westin anyway...

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Setina hasn't updated their system. When I looked at it, I actually talked with them over the phone, and the PB400 Winch Ready is the model, you can get it with or without lights. I'm not putting a winch on right away, but its nice to have the ability. Down the road, I will buy one of the relocation brackets for the ACC module, so that I can utilize that once again.

The one thing that is unfortunate with Setina, When I found out about the complication with the ACC module, I thought about scrapping the pushbar project and returning it for a refund. Setina does NOT mass produce the PB400 Winch model, it is specifically built-to-order. They told me that since it was a custom piece, they could not refund the full price, they only could offer half the price. So there is that downside to custom orders.

The upside is, this thing is MASSIVE! I'll post a pic tomorrow of the pushbar on my truck.

·
Premium Member
2,743 Posts
Pics of my F450 with Setina push bumper

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts