Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the misfortune of the turbo shaft breaking just behind the compressor wheel. The dealership refused to help and blamed my mini maxx for the failure, I call BS. Have any of you had similar failures? I refused to replace the turbo with O.E., so I bought a BorgWarner single conversion kit. After a few issues with piping fitting, I'm hoping to complete my project tomorrow. I will post pics and results when I'm done. Has anyone changed to this set up and how does it perform?

·
Registered
600 Posts
I can't comment on the turbo upgrade other than I'm sure you'll enjoy it. The turbo's in the 2011 models were prone to failure especially when tuned with the early H&S software where the turbo's were pushing 30 plus psi of boost.

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
I had the misfortune of the turbo shaft breaking just behind the compressor wheel. The dealership refused to help and blamed my mini maxx for the failure, I call BS. Have any of you had similar failures? I refused to replace the turbo with O.E., so I bought a BorgWarner single conversion kit. After a few issues with piping fitting, I'm hoping to complete my project tomorrow. I will post pics and results when I'm done. Has anyone changed to this set up and how does it perform?
ive run the cast 63 and the FMW 65 , with and without dual fuelers. fun either way !!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts