Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey gang-- did a bonehead move and sheared the bolt off on the upper rear shock mount while installing my new shocks w/ my impact gun :doh:....The truck is a 2012 f250. It wouldnt be that big of a deal but the cradle is riveted to the frame and the stud does not appear to be able to come off to be replaced....ive put a 18" pipe wrench to it and doesnt appear to be able to be screwed off.....am I missing something or does anybody know what I can do?? :please:

If all else fails ill have to grind the heads off the rivets and get the entire bracket replaced and bolt a new one on (lord knows how long that will take to get and how much!! :eek:hnoes:)

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
443 Posts
Cut the stud off and weld a bolt to the bracket? Or cut the stud off and drill a hole through the bracket where the stud used to be and use a bolt?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just did this on my 2008 - but by hand - I was NOT applying too much pressure (not nearly as much as when removing) - Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey gang-- did a bonehead move and sheared the bolt off on the upper rear shock mount while installing my new shocks w/ my impact gun :doh:....The truck is a 2012 f250. It wouldnt be that big of a deal but the cradle is riveted to the frame and the stud does not appear to be able to come off to be replaced....ive put a 18" pipe wrench to it and doesnt appear to be able to be screwed off.....am I missing something or does anybody know what I can do?? :please:

If all else fails ill have to grind the heads off the rivets and get the entire bracket replaced and bolt a new one on (lord knows how long that will take to get and how much!! :eek:hnoes:)

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!
Just wondering if this was ever solved easily?? I just did the same to my 15. 😖😡😩🔫

1 - 7 of 7 Posts