Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a replacement oil dipstick tube, as I...um...broke the top 6 inches off of my old one. :doh: Something to do with replacing the UVCH on the passenger side :D so if I replace it, will the dipstick simply slide out of the flange? or do I need to loosen the flange or anything?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Yup, as soon as you get down there you should see how the dipstick comes out,and don't feel bad, I bent mine to all hell doing the same thing...

Let me guess the stud that holds it with the UVCH turned on you and destroyed the tube?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yer Dern Right! I kept wondering to myself "Metal isn't supposed to bend like this, is it?" :doh:

Oh well, if it doesn't work, force it; if it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.

Thank you good sir!

·
Premium Member
19,937 Posts
I loosened the flange a little bit when I did mine, but it's an easy job.

·
Powerstroke Junkie
8,307 Posts
Remove the bolt that holds the retaining clip. With the bolt removed grab the tube and pull it up. To put the new one in, place a new O Ring on the bottom end of the tube where it inserts into the flange on the oil pan. I put a little bit of Vaseline on it to help seat it properly in the flange. Crawl underneath and guide the tip of the tube into the flange coming out of the oil pan. Then you can go up top and push down on it and then bolt the retaining clip back into position and crack a cold one.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you very much, guys! My dipstick tube showed up, and I will be fixing that tomorrow.

Now to deal with that pesky occasional no-start, and white smoke when I accelerate. Ah well, another thread for another day.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sounds like mine, broken dip stick tube, fixed went on to look at my white smoke under acceleration; low compression cylinder 8 yippie!!!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just ran a CC test with AE and pulled a balance fault for cylinder 8. Do you think that may be the same problem?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.