Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have a 2002 f250 crewcab with a 4" Rough Country lift and 315/75/16's on it, 360000kms. Before I lifted it the cardan joint was stuffed so I had a new one put together and reinstalled it when the lift was put in. Is there anything I should have to do to accommodate the lift as far as the driveshaft goes?
I thought it might have broken because I was getting a fair amount of bounce/axle wrap driving in loose sand?
If anybody has some advice it would be much appreciated

·
Registered
171 Posts
My '02 has an 8" lift on 38's and had to do nothing to the front shaft, so I highly doubt yours on 4" lift is the cause of your damage.

Since you were in the sand with axle wrap and bounce...you probably just reached the max angle the joint could function at plus a bit more causing it to bind up and break. My old truck would eat front shafts for the same reason. I put limiting straps on it and never broke another front drive shaft.

·
Registered
8,562 Posts
Reactions: Heavy_GD

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for quick responses. I'll be more careful.

·
Registered
8,562 Posts
Ya when,you start to bounce let off the throttle.

·
Vendor
13,262 Posts
You get axle wrap in loose sand??? I wouldnt think you get much.

When you put your drive shaft back together did you make sure you phased the u-joints correctly? If you're not sure just Google "drive shaft phasing" Its a bit in lenght to type, easier to just ask Google.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts