Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, this is my first post here. I have a 1994 Ford f250 xl turbo diesel and wondering what other years the drive train parts would fit? It has Dana 50 front end and I need to replace drivers side axles. Will parts from a 1991 f250 gas 4x4 fit on my 1994 diesel? thanks.
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Automotive tire

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have dana 60 solid axle I could put in front a lot of folks do it but I have been told to not do it because it becomes a bush rig with a rough ride. Any thoughts or links to post I could read? Same with the axles maybe a post already exist?

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
If you have a ford f350 dana 60 with the f350 front springs, rear blocks, track bar, brackets and steering components it is a bolt in swap and will not ride as rough as your dana 50 set up. If the gas truck has the 460 it will be the same axles but if it has a small block they may be the smaller dana 44 style

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
I'm no help on this one! I'm with Jack on this one. A Dana 60 swap will not ride worse that the TTB Dana 50. Cheers!

Reactions: Canuk truck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! I belive parts were found, here in canada these trucks are almost non existent due to salt roads rust.. I will attemp to fix this dana 50 and give it a chance. In the mean time I need to do more research on it. I did find a dana 60 I could buy right now not far from here.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
If there is a dana 60 near you for a decent price you should snag it quick. Dana 60s go for $1200 US $ and up here. Anymore we just buy a non running F350 for the front axle swap parts and part out the rest of the truck. I would bet you also need axle pivot bushings, upper shackle bushings and a radiator core support because yours is cracked in multiple places.

Reactions: Canuk truck
1 - 8 of 8 Posts