Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So late last night I started smelling diesel from under the truck. I got home and looked underneath while the truck was running and my hose from the airdog 2 to my factory fuel line to the motor was leaking extremely bad from the fitting. I pulled the pump out and replaced the o-ring but its still leaking bad. It looked as if the pump shift against the transfer case and bent the jiffy connector. Does anyone know if just a hose and fitting can be purchased or does anyone have other suggestions? I thought about cutting the fitting off of the hose and recrimping it with a different fitting and then putting the same style fitting on the pump but was told that the hose cant be crimped by a local hydraulic shop. I am desperate for a suggestion to get the truck running as I need to get back to work ASAP

·
Premium Member
11,966 Posts
Replace it with hose with -AN fittings.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not sure what AN fittings are.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I looked up the fitting and now know what it looks like. How do I use that to hook to the factory quick connect?

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
Measure the length and I'll check my leftover parts pile. Most likely have something laying around that your welcome to have.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay I'll do that as soon as I get home

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
So you need the hose with a snap fitting plus the fitting that's on the AD2 correct?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, I'm not sure what the fittings are actually called. It runs from behind my t-case up to roughly drivers side tire on frame rail. Ill measure tonight though. I can swap the fitting on my airdog to anything I want to make it work. Gotta get up to lac la biche next week

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
On second thought do take pics of the hose ends. I had deleted that from my first post. Don't recall if the ends come in straight or not. Just realized your in Canada also.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here are the ends. Hose is approx 7' but is way to long as is

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
Ok I'll look tomorrow as I still need to pick my son up from work tonight. If I have it you can have it for free.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That would be great I really appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
So it's a male end on the hose that's damaged not the female end on the pump?

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
I'm not sure what AN fittings are.
Stands for Army / Navy. High quality stainless steel braided sheaved hoses and I believe aluminum fittings. Very popular in performance applications. If I didn't have such easy access to solid stainless steel tubing and fittings I'd be using AN fittings for the fuel systems I build for my friends.

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
Is the hose you need have a 1/2" male on one end and 3/8" male on the other? If so I have what you need.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That sounds like what I need but I'd have to measure them tomorrow. I just know one end is the jiffy connect and the other plugs into factory ford quick connect

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I believe that the female fitting is okay and I put a new o ring into but don't know for sure. The male end is visibly bent so I'm assuming that's where my issue lies. There's no obvious nicks or cracks on female end

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here are some pictures of the length and a rough OD of the two ends.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
Yes, I have that in my parts pile. PM me your name, address, postal code and I'll try and get it sent out to you today. Your lucky as I usually toss the install kits in the garbage.

·
Premium Member
3,940 Posts
PM with tracking number sent. Enjoy.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts