Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally found a limit to the trans. It has the suncoast rebuild with all the billet shafts. I broke the OD basket/gear set. Cracked it on both sides almost the whole way to the outer edge. Heres some pics.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
So you broke a Suncoast part or something that was still stock?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats a stock hard part.

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
Got ya. What were you doing when it happened?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Off roading at about 3 or 4 in the morning with the pedal to the metal. haha. It definitely got a good workout before it blew.

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
I guess I wont have to worry about that then. I dont do any off roading in mine

·
Premium Member
9,472 Posts
Ryan remind me never to buy a truck you drove after you turn in your lease....:hehe::hehe::hehe:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha. No one wants a truck from me nor my friends. My buddies 07 tahoe needs a new bumper/grille and a mirror cover, and other buddies new tundra needs a new rear pass. door from a log coming off of a tire at 60. All from one weekend. Lets just say they could take video of the crap we do and use it in their truck commercials. LOL.
Also bent my drivers side tie rod from getting to much air. lol. Trac bar drop bracket hit it.

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts
Good lord. That is insane!!!

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Glad you posted the pictures, I went ahead and sent them to Ron @ Suncoast.

We've already busted the hub for the sun gear on the low/reverse planetary on our race truck; looks like other hard parts will become an issue now. Good news is that with these, Suncoast is already tooling up to make 4340/300M parts for anything we can break.:thumb:

Here's a picture of the low/reverse hub to add to the carnage.

Attachments

·
Registered
474 Posts
So you broke this with just the 275 tune and abuse?

·
Premium Member
8,814 Posts

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Glad you posted the pictures, I went ahead and sent them to Ron @ Suncoast.

We've already busted the hub for the sun gear on the low/reverse planetary on our race truck; looks like other hard parts will become an issue now. Good news is that with these, Suncoast is already tooling up to make 4340/300M parts for anything we can break.:thumb:

Here's a picture of the low/reverse hub to add to the carnage.
Whats wrong I dont see it? :doh:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Spartan, nice carnage. Thats a nice break. Cant wait to get more suncoast parts. They def. have great stuff.
Im running the 310. No nitrous was used to break that part.
It sucks to break trucks but mine lasted me all weekend and broke on the last night. We def. got the use out of them.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Spartan, nice carnage. Thats a nice break. Cant wait to get more suncoast parts. They def. have great stuff.
Im running the 310. No nitrous was used to break that part.
It sucks to break trucks but mine lasted me all weekend and broke on the last night. We def. got the use out of them.
How about some pics of what you were doing? (if its legal)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Haha. I think Ill keep those for when I see you guys at diesel events. The stuff we were doing was for the most part legal but how we were doing it would be questionable:beer:

·
Registered
577 Posts
Keep breaking stuff, I'm saving for my suncoast stuff and I only want to do this once and so far the only hard part they have is the input shaft.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts