Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Are there any Powerstroke brothers or sisters near or in Divide CO? My Mom and Dad borke down on the road and could use some help getting into divide!!!!!!

Update : They got hauled in. But if theres anyone who lives around there interested in working on that and making a little $ on the side let me know!

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Lets keep this bumped up. I am sure someone is in that part of the country.

What is going on with the truck. If we are unable to get to them. We maybe able to help via net.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunatley they got a chevy instead of a real truck. They lost antifreeze and dont see any leaks. I think they probably blew a head gasket. The have a 30 foot trailer on and were headed beack to get the last of theyre furnature to finish the move.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Did the engine get hot. What engine in that bowtie are they running. Just because they have a ford does not mean we can't get them back on the road.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think it was gettin up there when they shut it down. Its a 6.0 gasser which I think is the 400.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm on the phone with them and they think maybe the thermastat.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Where is it leaking from. The water pump may have took a crap or thermostat could have siezed shut, could have just blown a simple hose.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
UPDATE!

They have someone on the way to pick them and the trailer up. The truck is getting towed to the dealer. Anybody interested in a thermostat job this weekend? I guess half the motor has to come apart?

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
I'm on the phone with them and they think maybe the thermastat.
If they have tools, have them remove the t-stat, and then put it back together. Then as soon as they get to a town they need to get a new t-stat.

If it is a water pump then I would fill up the coolant, take it easy to get to a town. Then get a water pump installed.

If it is a hose wrap it with duct tape fill up the radiator with water, and cruise to the nearest town and replace hose.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its bioling over. So I think your right. Either Thermo or waterpump. Either way its gonna cost a fortune. Trucks out of warranty.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
They have someone on the way to pick them and the trailer up. The truck is getting towed to the dealer. Anybody interested in a thermostat job this weekend? I guess half the motor has to come apart?
If I was closer I would be interested. But by the time I get there the dealer would be opening on Monday Morning.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Its bioling over. So I think your right. Either Thermo or waterpump. Either way its gonna cost a fortune. Trucks out of warranty.
Nah tell them to get a hotel room close to a parts store. That way they can get to the parts store and do the repairs themesleves. I am sure they have tools with them right.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I asked him and he said you have to take half the motor apart? I dont know. My chevy is a five minute job and that includes draining the rad. Thanks for helping out on this Bigcountry.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah and I'm 6 to 8 hour depending on how much fuel I burn. Only problem is there would be no one to take care of my farm.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
Yeah and I'm 6 to 8 hour depending on how much fuel I burn. Only problem is there would be no one to take care of my farm.
Farm all you do is throw some extra feed and more water to the animals. They will be fine for a couple days.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yeah but grandpa has alzhimers and that doesnt work with him.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well theyre safe and taken care of at least. Just will be shelling out some money to get a rental car and get the truck fixed. Thanks to all who looked at the post and thanks to bigcountry for trying to help get help and for the suggestions.

·
duct tape & zip ties
10,761 Posts
No probelm, that is what we are here for. Sorry to hear about your grandpa. My grandpa had the same thing. It is tough on the family I know.

·
Premium Member
13,244 Posts
sorry i wasnt closer bud.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts