Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 f250 4x4 i was just wondering how often you guys have to replace your front pads i got about 25,000 on the last set and the parts guy told me i should be getting much better than that but i have replaced the rotors and both calipers not sure what else it may be:icon_ford:

·
Other vehicle is an F250
18,320 Posts

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts
Wow do you tow alot? You should most certainly get more miles out of your rotors. What brand are they?

·
Desert Shield/Storm Vet
9,092 Posts
Oh sorry thought you said rotors not brake pads. Depends on what pads you buy but for mid grade pads you should see more milage then that:thumb:

·
Registered
185 Posts
on my old 04 6.0 f350 i got 74k out of my first set of pads. they were bad for maybe 10k miles before that, and i warped the rotors. my own fault. i have 132k on my 00 f350, and it's on it's 3 set of brake pads up front. original in the back. rotors are all original.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I've got about 67,000 miles on my truck. Still on the original pads, all around. I bought some Wagner Thermal Quiet pads to put on the front because of the usual squealing when I come to a full stop. The original front pads still have plenty of material on them, but I think sand and grit has contaminated them causing the squealing. Whenever it stops raining here, at Fort Polk, I'll change them out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts