Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just put new hawk pads and rotors on my 03 F250 King Ranch. Now sometimes feels like my brake pedal is soft and then it firms up again also at same time feels like my power steering is cutting out??? Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated thank you in advance Mike

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
I'd check the power steering fluid first and then flush it out because it's often over looked.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Did you flush the entire brake system after you installed the brakes?
Many people make the mistake of "forcing" the old fluid back in the system attempting to retract the caliper piston.....worst thing you can do. All that sh$t goes back in the system.

Do a thorough p/s flush using the correct fluid ..... Mercon V and install magnefine filter after the flush on the return side close to the hydro boost back to the reservoir. Your brakes will feel brand new.

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Flushed both fluids no change actually got a little worst on the brakes. Have to almost push the. Brake pedal to the floor to stop and now power steering is pretty much non existent while braking and really low speed so master cylinder? Or power steering pump after 6 months???

·
Premium Member
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
found the problem

well it ended up being the power steering pump.... just had replaced it about 7 months ago. Unreal the crap parts that are out there. Thanks oreily's

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Did you flush the entire brake system after you installed the brakes?
Many people make the mistake of "forcing" the old fluid back in the system attempting to retract the caliper piston.....worst thing you can do. All that sh$t goes back in the system.

Do a thorough p/s flush using the correct fluid ..... Mercon V and install magnefine filter after the flush on the return side close to the hydro boost back to the reservoir. Your brakes will feel brand new.
seeing as how the OP got his issue resolved, could you elaborate on the installation of a magnefine filter?

·
GET MY ENEMA BUCKET BRO!!
2,069 Posts
Anyone have reviews on a good psing pump. Does bpd make a niceOne. Id like to get a bigger one since i dont think any of us run the little 17×9 rims and tires that the truck came with

1 - 8 of 8 Posts