Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
95 F250 Powerstroke, 212,000 miles, Problem is cruise control, brake light switch. The brake light switch will come on after the engine has warmed slightly, it will go off after engine has warmed to about half way on gage. When the truck reaches it operating temp (190 degree thermostat) it goes on and off for about 20 to 30 miles and then will go off and stay off if the air temp is above 45 or 50 degrees, if air temp is below this the brake light stays on. I have replaced brake sensor on the master cylinder 4 times, the last two operate the same as I have describe above. I replaced the speed sensor on the differential 2 months ago This problem is definitely keyed to temperature. Anyone got any ideas.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ford changed the firs sensor, about 4 years ago and as i recall it worked for about a year, I changed one two years ago and drove to Alaska, it worked but not all the time, I changed that last one last spring and its works like the first one. Now that the air temperture is up it is woking better. I thinking about putting in a higher temp thermostat to see if that helps. If I am correct that is an oil filled sensor and could be affected by cold temperature. I don't think its a short unless its located to something that heats up and it does seem to be.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts