Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So all the sudden my brake light in my dash has come on, the same one that comes on when you have the emergency break on. Checked my fluid thought that was it, fluid was low so i filled it up.....brakes work fine still but the light is still on. Any ideas on what it is?

·
Registered
786 Posts
Did you check the ebrake? Otherwise the switch mounted on it is probably messed.

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
Did you check the ebrake? Otherwise the switch mounted on it is probably messed.
^^^^^ Look at this first.

Here is a little story for you. I got to tinkering one day with my chip. When I fired it back up the brake light was on. I climbed high and low looking for something. The last thing I checked was the plug on the brake. Guess what? I bumped the plug off the switch.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
haha ill hafta check that, i must have pushed my e brake in and released it ten time soo it is defenetly not that. Ill check that tommoro. Quick question, im going to the drags nextg weekend (they have amatuer night every weds, and fri at New England Drag way) what do you think Ill run? i am going to be running it on the 120 tune that is were jody told me he set it up for dragging

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
o and were is that plug located?

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Avro, i noticed in your sig, powerstroke.org saved me from gale banks, give me some knowledge one of my good friends runs the six gun with the PDA and he thinks it is the best thing ever, but from what i have been reading he should be careful. I try and tell him but all he say is i spend to much time on the org. I laughed and told him anytime he wants to have a tug of war im in!

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
If you are a standard cab long bed then I say low 15's to high 14's.

·
John Wood Nut Swinger
3,413 Posts
o and were is that plug located?
On the top left of the E brake pedal assembly. Take a look and you will see it, it is not hidden.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, im at supercab short bed, hopefully high 14's. I know i cant run as fast as a tuned 6.0 but i wanna be close cause all my best friend tlaks about is "banks this" banks that blah blah blah.....young and dumb, or is it young and over competitive?? how were you guys at 19?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts