Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 F-250 PSD 4x4 6 speed crew cab...

A few days ago on the way home from work my brakes starting smelling and my pedal was like pushing a wall. Could really feel the accelerator fighting my brakes. I lifted the front end and pulled off my old calipers and my pads were worn and the calipers had seen better days. I installed new loaded calipers last night and bled the breaks. Put everything back together and took it for a drive. My break pedal felt great and my truck would stop on a dime. I drove for about 20 minutes and thought all was well. On my way home from work today as I was getting off the highway my ABS light came on and again felt like my brakes were engaged. The pedal again was stiff as a wall. So I'm guessing it is a toss up between the master cylinder, brake booster, and/or a sensor problem. Any thoughts???

·
Premium Member
4,448 Posts
sounds like a collapsed brake line. pump up your brakes and see which wheel is staying engaged after you release the pedal. if you want to verify it then crack the bleeder and see if it releases.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I pulled my left front tire off and noticed by ABS line was sliced. So I replaced the ABS sensor and bled all four points and took off. Immediately the ABS sensor kicked off so I thought my problem was solved. I drove it for about an hour last night and no issues. Today I ran around town before work and jumped on the highway. Got up to about 75 mph and my truck started to violently jerk??? Brakes started so seize up again. Got off the highway and after about an 1/8 of a mile my truck was rolling free. Any ideas what is wrong now?

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I had a Dodge due this and it was a collapsed or swollen line. Replaced the line and it worked perfect!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I will dive back into on Monday. I will let you know if I find anything conclusive. Thank you for the input.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts