Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently had my passenger rear caliper went bad so I replaced it. The following day I decided to replace the other rear caliper to be safe. I got the calipers from napa bleed the brakes and I have a lot of travel in the pedal. Brakes work but they go to the floor not as stiff as they should be. Looking at it there is no leaks in the MC reservoir never went empty. But the one caliper that went bad was leaking for about a week before I could change it and when I looked under there for leaks I got to wondering if napa gave me opposite caliber each time because the bleed screw is at the bottom of the calipers.

a - Can the calipers fit on the wrong side?
B - if the bleed screw is at the bottom can air get trapped in the caliper itself?
C - how much fluid should I expect to use as it didn't seem to take much for both the calipers.

Any help would be appreciated. I going out of town on Friday and towing a camper so I need to get this resolved ASAP

·
Registered
41 Posts
the bleeder screws should always be on top, otherwise it's impossible to fill the chamber and remove the air. your now compressing all air as opposed to compressing a fluid. the air will compress much easier than a fluid and wont push out the pistons in the calipers.

Can you just flip the calipers to the opposite sides?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts