Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Don't mind me
27,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called them simply about the cost of a FICM rebuild. Instead I was chosen for a a BETA test of their 7 pin FICM. The beast showed up in a timely manner and looked too good to go in my truck.

We ended up installing it after a 200+ mile tow. My stock FICM was down to 23V on that tow. We got it done in the campground parking lot. Sorry no pictures. On the way home it never dropped below 47.5V! :woot: The only code that I am throwing is a soft code for FICM software incompatibility. That is completely expected since I was running a four pin and they were nice enough to include the logic board.

I will say this KEN and GENE ROCK!!

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
Thanks for no pics. No need for everyone to see my hungover azz in flip flops perched awkwardly on your truck. The picture you do have doesn't even show how much that thing shines.

Glad to hear the trip home was uneventful.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I emailed them about possibly beta testing one, no response.:dunno: I have a 7 pin, and I am in North Dakota so it will get some good cold weather testing, plus I'm still skepical about the unit, so what a better person to make a believer out of with honest feedback.:dunno:

·
Don't mind me
27,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Rick give you me your addy and I will throw my old one back in so you can beta test mine.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Rick give you me your addy and I will throw my old one back in so you can beta test mine.
No, no yours seams like it has more issues than mine, mine will only drop to 46v from time to time. I may wait and pick one up when they become available.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Umm...Josh, I know you have good intentions, but wasn't your old FICM letting the voltage drop to 22-23v?
My thoughts exactly, I was just hoping they where beta testing more than one.:wink[3]:

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
My thoughts exactly, I was just hoping they where beta testing more than one.:wink[3]:
We are Josh. But we have a very limited supply. I get hundreds of emails everyday from people I don't know asking for all kinds of things. So we try to be selective in who we offer product to.

A few of the criteria that we look for in beta testers are people that are committed to the online forums. We look at active involvement with the online community, technical skills, reasonability, and unbiased feedback. Another factor we consider is regional usage. Post count also plays a role in who we select for obvious reasons. Finally, we are very pro military service and will bend over backwards to help our servicemen and service women.

Our goal is to produce the best products available, and honest, open feedback helps us do this. Generally, moderators on the forums have been our first choice for beta testing in real world conditions outside of our direct control.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
We are Josh. But we have a very limited supply. I get hundreds of emails everyday from people I don't know asking for all kinds of things. So we try to be selective in who we offer product to.

A few of the criteria that we look for in beta testers are people that are committed to the online forums. We look at active involvement with the online community, technical skills, reasonability, and unbiased feedback. Another factor we consider is regional usage. Post count also plays a role in who we select for obvious reasons. Finally, we are very pro military service and will bend over backwards to help our servicemen and service women.

Our goal is to produce the best products available, and honest, open feedback helps us do this. Generally, moderators on the forums have been our first choice for beta testing in real world conditions outside of our direct control.
Trust me I understand, was more just taking a shot in the dark basicly when I emailed bpd to see if I could beta test. If I'm not ever selected then by time I do go to upgrade my ficm the betas will have more miles on them and will make my choice easier :thumb:.

·
Premium Member
20,351 Posts
Josh,
Im glad that FICM is working out!

So, The soft code is the first i've heard of with these units (I understand the reason) but Im wondering how your gonna get rid of it:dunno:

Rick,
Nice to see your doing well and still breathing in that terrible place:hehe:

·
Don't mind me
27,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just have to have it flashed. Ken had told me it might happen. It doesn't effect performance in any way shape or form. I will say I almost felt bad putting that billet goodness into my engine bay.

·
Premium Member
20,351 Posts
I just have to have it flashed. Ken had told me it might happen. It doesn't effect performance in any way shape or form. I will say I almost felt bad putting that billet goodness into my engine bay.

Totally understand, I just think explaining it in written might help some others out seeing that it is not an issue and can be easily fixed:thumb:

These FICM's really are Bulletproof and are quite the work of art if you ask me... They look sexy in the engine bay:nod::D

·
Premium Member
871 Posts
Totally understand, I just think explaining it in written might help some others out seeing that it is not an issue and can be easily fixed:thumb:

These FICM's really are Bulletproof and are quite the work of art if you ask me... They look sexy in the engine bay:nod::D
The soft code is because we shipped him a complete unit. Retail customers will only receive the power supply portion. Retail customers won't have a soft code. Only the lucky beta testers get to go through that...

The reason for the soft code is that the logic portion has already been programmed to another vehicle.

·
Premium Member
20,351 Posts
Interesting.... Im a beta tester... Am I supposed to have this "soft code":dunno:
How can we tell?

BTW, mine has ran AWESOME for around 6k miles already:woot

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Josh,
Im glad that FICM is working out!

So, The soft code is the first i've heard of with these units (I understand the reason) but Im wondering how your gonna get rid of it:dunno:

Rick,
Nice to see your doing well and still breathing in that terrible place:hehe:
Doing good, just got to get my miss fixed in the truck, avg about 12-13 mpg empty right now.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts