Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering how many mile's I should be looking at running a BPD's bypass oil filter with upgraded Amsoil filter?
I also have the CCV mod running and the EGR shut down to lower the trash levels a bit.
Thanks

·
Registered
4,816 Posts
I run amsoil 5w-40 in my truck with an amsoil Eabp100 filter and I just change my bypass filter every other oil change (about 10-12k miles). Is that too frequent?? IDK :dunno: I put the bypass filter on there for extra filtration and that seems reasonable to me as Amsoil also claims 25k miles on their oil and full filters, which I will not run my truck to. JMO here.

·
Premium Member
2,028 Posts
I run amsoil 5w-40 in my truck with an amsoil Eabp100 filter and I just change my bypass filter every other oil change (about 10-12k miles). Is that too frequent?? IDK :dunno: I put the bypass filter on there for extra filtration and that seems reasonable to me as Amsoil also claims 25k miles on their oil and full filters, which I will not run my truck to. JMO here.
This is also what I am planning to do (every other oil change). That being said I did a first change yesterday as it's been 5k miles since the truck was bulletproofed, and this was the initial bypass filter. Thought it probably caught all the fine gunk remaining in the motor from the first 80k miles. Oil did look cleaner than previous oil changes, so it looks like the Eabp100 is working :thumb:

·
Premium Member
6,307 Posts
Ive just been flow testing mine every now and then......if it flows at the same rate it did new, I leave it alone.

·
Premium Member
179 Posts

·
Registered
6,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WOW. Glad I asked. I figured since it was filtering to such a fine degree that the filter would clog up more often. And also that it was a first time running this filter that their would be more junk to get rid of that I would need to change it more often. I was kinda refering to my coolant filter,were the first one clogged/filled up quickly,the second not too bad and the third.......you get the idea.
Guess Ill leaving it alone...

·
Premium Member
1,670 Posts
change my filter every 10000 its easy and piece of mind for me

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
I have the amsoil 90 bypass filter. I go 25,000 miles on that filter. 10,000 miles on the oil and filter. I will be posting another analysis in a month or so...

doin this for about 3 years. works great.

·
Registered
6,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I guess I should be looking into doing these oil analysis. What do they cost and who do you use,if you dont mind me askin?

·
Administrator
34,062 Posts
Blackstone is no more than 50 bucks after you pay shipping and if u upgrade the test

u can go to their site and look
I only do it every year to keep an eye on the motor health not to extend oil changes that 50 bucks is half the price of an oilchange so I just do my oil at 5k and skip extended intervals
I do my bypass every 3rd oil change

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.