Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2002 F250 7.3L diesel and i am looking for some idea's for upgrades. It already has a sliver line exhaust, and K&N air intake, as well as a new edge evolution cts. from here i dont know where to go or what would be the best bang for my buck.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
hey,

Welcome,

Get rid of the K&N..you will dust your engine.. other then that everything is looking good, really you cant do anything else then start with bigger upgrades..tranny being one of them

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks for the info. which intake would you suggest and is the tranney a big deal is that something that should be done right away or just a next step to better the truck. thanks again.

·
Registered
269 Posts
The favorite intake around here is the DIY NAPA 6637, or the already made version called a Tymar.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how can i buy the tymar. ive looked every where. i read another thread about the tymar and they said somthing about "I have Dale's intake for the price" can you guys help please

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
if you wanna spend some money get an AFE stage 2 its all I will run. S&B is good too

·
Super Moderator
19,810 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
how can i buy the tymar. ive looked every where. i read another thread about the tymar and they said somthing about "I have Dale's intake for the price" can you guys help please
Send a PM to Caryt.

I think his username is ctperformance now or something like that.

·
Registered
4,206 Posts
did you pick that truck up in KC? sounds like one i was browsing. i agree, 6637 or AFE. as for the tranny, you can upgrade the VB, Torque Converter, and Cooler. thats helps a good deal. or you can wait until it goes and get a BTS or JW tranny. but the three mention will go well for extending life. assumings its already in good condition. :ORG welcome:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
no i found the truck in Georgia and its my first diesel so im very excited and love the off road with my other trucks. so thanks for all the help still learning alot about it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts