Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all. Last night I took the wife and kids to an auto auction and we bought a 2012 Ford Super Duty F-250 SRW 4WD Crew Cab 156" XL. It has 256,000 miles. The winning bid was $9100, but after the buyer fees and stuff it was about $9800. I haven't picked it up yet. When the title is ready I'll go get it and register it and pay taxes (more money). While my dad was a diesel mechanic starting in the 1960's, I've been more of a Honda and Toyota driver. Honestly, my wife has wanted a big diesel truck for years. It has a bench seat in the front, so there's room for all 6 of us in it.

We'll be pulling our camper to Colorado with it early next year, so I'll be going through it trying to find any problems and fix them before they destroy anything. It does have a code on it - P228F. I've read to change the EGR and that make take care of it. I'm thinking about getting one of those Blue Driver OBDII Bluetooth scanner for reading live data. I have a lot of reading to do. I've read about draining the water separator every 2 weeks to prevent rust in the fuel system. I'm a bit overwhelmed by the complexity of this thing, but I'll just keep reading to figure out what I can. I'm sure I'll be asking for help with something before long, so thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
19,372 Posts
1 - 2 of 2 Posts