Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,344 Posts
Man reading through this thread with the OP going OEM, then BO, then OEM, Then "Titanium", Then back to OEM..... That was making my blood pressure go up:yikes:

OP:
Good Call on finally going with OEM:thumb:
You will read/ see that you have made the best decision for the longevity of your engine/truck!!!

I was sitting on the edge of my seat yelling "OEM OEM OEM" at a stupid computer cuz I figured you might hear me:roll1:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Haha it musta worked i heard something in the wind

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
91 Posts
I used rcd gaskets not black onyx I now have 4k miles on (drive to Philly )
Not a problem they told me they were the same as the oem gaskets just different color made by same company same factory same line I'll see if I have a problem but I highly doubt it the guts at rcd are really straight shooters

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
What is the best coolant to use? And synthetic oil or no?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Lifting my cab tomorrow ill post pics of my "lift" haha wish me luck

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
My "lift" 4 boat trailer winches on a movable shelf lol gonna be a long night

Attachments

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,775 Posts
So why exactly are you pulling the cab if you already removed the front clip? You don't need to remove the front clip to lift the cab. And seeing as how you already have the front clip removed you should just leave the cab on and finish the job that way instead of doing the extra work to pull the cab.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Ya i started to do it your way but my mech buddy wants it pulled

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,775 Posts
Well tell you mechanic buddy he is a moron to spend all the extra time to pull the cab now when your this far in now. It's not hard to do. I'm just waiting on parts now or mine would be almost done right now. Just finish it with the cab on. It's better experience for you anyway incase there comes a time you don't have a lift to do it again.

·
Premium Member
1,431 Posts
Chalk it up to a learning experience, it will still be much easier with the cab off.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Its a good experience for me now matter how i do it lol how do you go from here to the get it all off

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I was thinking and trying to see if i can handle not driving my truck for a month or two and buy me a MTW hybrid Turbo??? Whata think guys

·
Registered
2 Posts
Diesel power mag did a diy head stud install special in there mag with cab on. Very helpful!

Sent from my ADR6400L using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,775 Posts
Diesel power mag did a diy head stud install special in there mag with cab on. Very helpful!

Sent from my ADR6400L using AutoGuide.Com Free App
We've already covered that in this thread I think. And they recommend denting in your firewall to get the last head bolt out and head stud installed. That is rubbish you shouldn't be doing this job if you feel like you have to break chit to get the job done.

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
We've already covered that in this thread I think. And they recommend denting in your firewall to get the last head bolt out and head stud installed. That is rubbish you shouldn't be doing this job if you feel like you have to break chit to get the job done.
If you unbolt the trans mount from the crossmember and jack up the back of the trans it rolls the motor forward making the last bolt on the driver's side easier to get at.

·
WWW.COMPIGNTECH.COM
8,775 Posts
If you unbolt the trans mount from the crossmember and jack up the back of the trans it rolls the motor forward making the last bolt on the driver's side easier to get at.
I know that. I was just saying that in diesel power mag they said to beat the firewall in to get at it. If you use a short 18mm 1/2" drive 6pt socket with a 1/2" wobble socket and ratchet you can get on it just fine. And to reinstall to proper torque specs if you buy the Snap-on SRD35 Ford Head Bolt Torque Adapter then you don't need to do any of the beating in of the firewall or jacking up the trans to get the job done right.

·
Premium Member
4,441 Posts
I'm just putting that out there for anyone who wants to know it.

41 - 60 of 77 Posts