Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As of right now the truck is completely stock except for an exhaust...

It looks like the exhaust is 3", although it could be 4" I'll have to measure it. It goes from the turbo back into a Flowmaster muffler.

I've already changed the transmission fluid and filter, changed the fuel filter and checked the rear diff.

I've been seeing the DIY intake but I can't seem to find the thread for it, is it just a cone filter?

For chips I'm looking at DP tuner right now, probably the 80HP economy and then a towing program also.

The Flowmaster muffler doesn't look like it belongs on the truck, and I'm thinking about taking it off and going straight out from the turbo, what's the largest pipe I can mount directly to the turbo? This isn't my first turbo vehicle so I understand the concept of airflow, etc.

Besides gauges, is there anything else I need to watch out for, or maybe buy to increase mileage? I drove the truck home from Arlington and averaged 17-18MPG running at 70-75MPH the whole trip on interstate.

Truck is a 2000 F-250, 4x4 Off Road, 3.73 gears with limited slip diff and 285 A/T tires. It's also got the 4spd automatic in it, which transmission is this?

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
As of right now the truck is completely stock except for an exhaust...

It looks like the exhaust is 3", although it could be 4" I'll have to measure it. It goes from the turbo back into a Flowmaster muffler.

I've already changed the transmission fluid and filter, changed the fuel filter and checked the rear diff.

I've been seeing the DIY intake but I can't seem to find the thread for it, is it just a cone filter?

Yep... a NAPA 6637 filter and a 3-4" long section of 4" exhaust tubing

For chips I'm looking at DP tuner right now, probably the 80HP economy and then a towing program also.

Sounds good...

The Flowmaster muffler doesn't look like it belongs on the truck, and I'm thinking about taking it off and going straight out from the turbo, what's the largest pipe I can mount directly to the turbo? This isn't my first turbo vehicle so I understand the concept of airflow, etc.

4" will work the best

Besides gauges, is there anything else I need to watch out for, or maybe buy to increase mileage? I drove the truck home from Arlington and averaged 17-18MPG running at 70-75MPH the whole trip on interstate.

Just keep your foot out of it and try to stay under 2000 RPM's

Truck is a 2000 F-250, 4x4 Off Road, 3.73 gears with limited slip diff and 285 A/T tires. It's also got the 4spd automatic in it, which transmission is this?
4100 tranny

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, appreciate the feedback. I measured the exhaust that's on there now, it's 3".

I'm probably going to go to a local muffler shop and just have them take the current off and then just put a 4" straight pipe on there. I've been a customer there for the last couple years, probably won't be more then $75

I'll go pick up a filter and some tubing this week, too.

Out of curiosity, so I don't sound like an idiot when I call up DP. What are they going to ask about the truck? Do they just want to know current modifications that will be on the truck when the tune arrives?

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Yep, that is it. And exactly what you want to do with it??

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well really I just wanted a diesel... But we own a fairly large lawncare company. We have six Chevy half tons that go out each day and we currently have two 3/4 ton Chevy's but they're both gas engines. One is a 6L the other is a 7.4L, figured it would probably be a little more efficient pulling the Bobcat and tractor around with a diesel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts