Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just purchaced a used 2011 f250 with the 6.7 on sept. 2, signed all the papers and went to truck to drive it home. well when approaching truck i noticed an exhaust sensor hanging down just in front of passenger side rear fender well. so i crawled under to realize the truck had been straight piped. went and told saleman about it and he took to service. service said all they had to do was put new exhaust on truck. well that was fine with me. well now it has been almost three weeks and still without truck. called about it twice already, all they have told me is that they have changed the exhaust but ran into another problem first call and then the second time i called they said they fixed what ever they found wrong with it and that they had to order a new wiring harness for and couldn't tell me why it needed it. starting to think i bought a lemon

·
riddin' high
2,877 Posts
or there just dicking around and trying to shaft you

·
Registered
5,689 Posts
i would assume they would also have to put the PCM back to stock

·
Dont Mess With Texas!
5,788 Posts
sounds like you oughtta call em and tell em to keep there truck and get a full refund.

·
Registered
325 Posts
If it was a brand new truck, IDK how it could of been straight piped. If its at a FMC dealer that thing wouldnt of passed a PDI inspection on delivery to the dealer.

Plus why would a dealer take off a muffler on a brand new truck and install a straight pipe on it unless the customer WANTED it like that?.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Any updates on this?

Sounds like the OP bought a truck that was previously tuned.

I bet the dealership put the exhaust on, but the ECM was still tuned to account for the deleted system.

One of two things would need to happen....the dealership put a new ECM in the truck to go along with the proper exhaust system, or the OP get their money back.

The used vehicle market is a risky one......

·
Registered
3,181 Posts
All I'm saying is that, I personally would not want a brand new truck that has been tuned. Even if they put it back to stock, how do you think the previous owner drove that thing before turning over the keys. Plus if you have a problem down the road, are they gonna give you a hassle over it have a tune on it at one point.... not cover warranty work?

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
my only question is did you not test drive it? hopefully they get the problem solved

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Any updates???:dunno::dunno::dunno:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok quick update. as of today october 3'rd i made the dealer do a buy back still had the truck in the shop still not fixed. got my down payment back and my motorcycle i traded in, they had already sold my truck i traded in but they still paid off old truck and gave a lil boot. going to go buy a brand new f250, one that hasn't been tampered with. just can't decide which rear end to go with the 3.31 or the 3.55. any suggestions would be great live in southern west virginia good bit of hills so leaning towards 3.55. just wandering if there is much of a difference between the 2. and no i am not buying from the same dealer that sold me the other one.

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
I think the 3.55 would suit you better. I have the 3.31 and drive mostly flat country and no trailering. Good luck and keep us posted.:thumb:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i purchased a new 2011 f350 6.7, got the 3.31 gears (thats all any one had), pretty sweet truck so far. and the best thing about it is i only gave $1,000 more for it and it is brand new(the other one was used and had 23,000 miles on it), new warrenty and a few more bells and whistles than the used one had. but so far very pleased with the truck excellent fuel mileage so far (just going by what the trip a says) getting 18 mpg but that is with only 80 miles.

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
well i purchased a new 2011 f350 6.7, got the 3.31 gears (thats all any one had), pretty sweet truck so far. and the best thing about it is i only gave $1,000 more for it and it is brand new(the other one was used and had 23,000 miles on it), new warrenty and a few more bells and whistles than the used one had. but so far very pleased with the truck excellent fuel mileage so far (just going by what the trip a says) getting 18 mpg but that is with only 80 miles.
Congrats! Now if it breaks, you know who did it.:thumb:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Did you buy from that same dealer? I don't see how they couldn't know it wasn't street legal, especially with so few miles. Wonder if it was an auction truck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no i didn't buy from same dealer. after having that experience with them i absolutely refuse to do any business with them. but i bought my new truck from another dealer that is an extra hour out of the way, and the salesman at this dealer actually knew what he was talking about he answered any question i asked, and i let the dealer i bought from do all the service too they are so much easier to talk to they actually listen to what u say.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts