Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
look what i just traded my stroke for. just kiddin. i would never trade my truck but i did buy it. 12 valve cummins. 175k on it. 2 wheel drive. just bought it to tow my toy hauler with. no mods. its a virgin. runs and drives great but slow as hell.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
dang how much u pay..that be fun to mod

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
slide the fuel plate back. itl wake it up a little bit

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Twins, Injectors, Delivery valves.... Just to start...

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
dont know anything bout these motors for performance. it does need to be woken up tho but dont wanna put a ton of $ into her. its just a tow vehicle. maybe just maybe when im done with it, ill swap it into my truck. :woot:

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
You can get a lot of power for almost free on that truck, grind the fuel plat flat, turn up the star wheel and youll have more than enough power to roast your tranny!!!

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
cumminsforum.com

They are kinda rude over there but they do know their $hit on the goats!

·
Registered
75 Posts
the 12v are ezy to build and cheep let me know i will help ya:thumb:

·
Registered
75 Posts

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Why?? I hang out over there too and I am just stating the truth...

·
Registered
75 Posts
Why?? I hang out over there too and I am just stating the truth...
now there may be a few but there on here 2. most the guys are cool and the one that arnt get kicked off

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
here ya go this mite get ya to turn her up CumminsDatabase.com :: Turning Up A P7100 Pump the info for the p7100 thats on that truck:thumb:
thanks again but looks foreign to me lol. im just starting to understand the powerstroke motor near less the cummins. love the sound of it tho. cant wait for some exhaust to piss the neighbors off more. how do i check if the turbo is good? truck feels reeeaaal slow and i cant hear any whistle. is this normal?

·
Registered
75 Posts
thanks again but looks foreign to me lol. im just starting to understand the powerstroke motor near less the cummins. love the sound of it tho. cant wait for some exhaust to piss the neighbors off more. how do i check if the turbo is good? truck feels reeeaaal slow and i cant hear any whistle. is this normal?
take off the in take tube and check for play in it there will be alil but not very much that goes for any turbo:thumb: and if its good there is a silancer ring in there you can take out and get it to whistle more:thumb: and beleve me the cummins is really simple even more cuz it a 12v

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok sounds easy enough. man do i have alot to learn lol

·
Registered
553 Posts
not a 12v man but the eaisest thing on them is to ajust the pump then a fuel plate along with a diy intake and good exaust and pinch the waste gate off..

·
Registered
75 Posts
get gauges first befor you turn it up i thank thats a general rule for any thang:thumb:

·
Registered
75 Posts
hey moparfan, is this a good turbo and good deal? i offered $100 for it.
holset hx35w turbo
i wana tell you no becuse i want it but its a good turbo its just off a stock truck newer then mine and its biger then the one on my truck. let me know for sure if your going to get it or not cuz i want it:thumb:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts