Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2008 6.4 F250 today and now discovered the cruise control does not work! also the front right turn signal and glow plugs dont work! what might be the problem and/or fix??

·
Registered
338 Posts
All your glow plugs don't work?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
By glow plugs I mean preheater! Like when you turn the key before you start it there's a light that comes on saying its preheating! That doesn't work

·
Registered
63 Posts
Well....there could be several explanations.

First off, you said you just bought this truck. Are you sure you know how to use the cruise control? Press the ON button and then press the SET button.

Second. The turn signal could just need a bulb replaced.

Third. You should NEVER see a 6.4 glow plug light come on unless it is extremely cold outside. I live in Texas and it has never been cold enough for my light to come on.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the glow plugs are fine! my dads 6.0 ALWAYS comes on but mine doesnt come on unless it sits for a while and then it only comes on for a sec!
but the cruise is still not working and i DO KNOW how to operate it! theres a lil white box under the dash- speed wizard- not sure what its for or if thats messing up the cruise! btw the truck is riding on 40s soo could it be to calibrate the tire size!? someone said aftermarket cruise controll????

·
Registered
131 Posts
Spend a couple of bucks and change out all of the bulbs before you start tinkering with the wiring. The truck is 3-years old.

Welcome to the world of the 6.4's

1 - 8 of 8 Posts