Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It’s like the title says. I put the truck in 4wd to make sure it worked. However it would not go back into 2wd. I replaced the transfer case motor because this had happened on the past.
It still sticks in 4wd. I checked for power to the transfer case motor. BOTH wires have 12 volts. Have swapped and replaced relays, still does it. Any idea of the cause?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, so power is good, relays are good, the transfer case motor is good, fuses are good, etc
Have changed the mode selector switch on the dash. Seems to do nothing.
Can anyone explain what the mss switch on the dash actually does before I just give up and install a polarity reversing switch?

TIA for any help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Left out some information. It is a 2004.5 F250 6.0 so no GEM. Is there something in place of the GEM used in earlier models?
Again, TIA

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well... thanks for everyone’s help. Installed another transfer case module.
So easy to reach in and install the 2 screws. NOT.

No help. So, I don’t have the time or energy to chase down 1500 wires in this system.

So, giving up. I am going to put in a polarity reversing switch. I jumped the wires and tested it on the transfer case. Works well.

And this gives me the excuse to go ahead and install Warn 38826 hubs.

Again, thanks for your help.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The 38826 models are for 2004 and down to?
The 95060 hubs (expensive) are for 2005- ?

I know Warn makes the factory hubs, but don’t think these are premium. Maybe I’ll just run the factory hubs they they break, if they do.
Thanks

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just for info- I just didn’t have the time or inclination to chase down all the possibilities so I did go ahead and put in a polarity reversing switch. It works very well. I don’t mind getting out and locking the hubs/ just 1 less thing to go wrong.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
I had similar issue what i ended up doing is un plugging spraying electrical contact cleaner and repluging all the connectors on the left front fender even on the pcm and after that it was back to working condition. Could give it a try.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had similar issue what i ended up doing is un plugging spraying electrical contact cleaner and repluging all the connectors on the left front fender even on the pcm and after that it was back to working condition. Could give it a try.

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk
Thank you. I tried that as well, but no luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts