Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,057 Posts

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
OH snap, well in park it doesnt register ANY boost.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Why is that? mine will go up alittle. idling its 0. i floor it and it goes to around 18. Pyro around 850-900. idling 300. that sound right? i have mods to do today:woot:
Be a little more clearer in this one.

When you are parked and floor it(which you don't really need to do) you boost gauge goes up slightly, like 1 or 2 psi? If so this is normal. Your engine is not under load in this condition. Boost is only generated when the motor is load, i.e. driving, pulling a trailer, anytime the truck is moving.

If you are driving and floor it you see 18psi? if so this is normal with stock tuning.

·
Registered
318 Posts
sounds right to me

·
Registered
6,168 Posts
You should have little if any boost when in N... You must have a load on the motor to build boost.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Be a little more clearer in this one.

When you are parked and floor it(which you don't really need to do) you boost gauge goes up slightly, like 1 or 2 psi? If so this is normal. Your engine is not under load in this condition. Boost is only generated when the motor is load, i.e. driving, pulling a trailer, anytime the truck is moving.

If you are driving and floor it you see 18psi? if so this is normal with stock tuning.

Yes that is correct

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
That's correct. The engine needs to be under load to see any real boost #'s. We get a lot of customers that call us immediatly after installing their gauge kits, stating that the boost gauge does not work. When we do a little asking we find out that they haven't driven the truck yet. Just in park. Once we tell them to take it down the street, they see that the boost gauge does work.

Similarly, if you have a truck equipped w/ a factory trans gauge, do not compare them. The OE TT gauge is on a timer and will come up to "normal" temp after a few min. of idling in the driveway. A real gauge will take between 15-20 min. to come off of 100 degrees. A reason to get a 3-gauge kit with a trans temp gauge if you have an A/T.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The temp gauge never moved today. It was 75* i only drove like 6 miles so i didn't think it would move, then the other day i drove 8 miles pulling 7,000 pounds, and drove a total of 25 miles. it was around 72* out, it never moved.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Check all the wires that go into the amplifier box, the ones with the little screws on them, mine back off a few times when i first installed mine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts